Color Concern

Can’t tell if she is changing colors or if she is preparing for shed. She did lay about 2 weeks ago 30 infertile eggs. Been eating and drinking normal.

Attachments

• E9F2105C-EDC8-4399-8D70-A33999279852.jpeg
    E9F2105C-EDC8-4399-8D70-A33999279852.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 30
  • B00EB2AB-3565-4D14-95D9-E49041E3A501.jpeg
    B00EB2AB-3565-4D14-95D9-E49041E3A501.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 32
Did she dig a hole and lay the eggs in the hole, fill in the hole and tamp down the soil? Was it her first egg laying experience?

Are the crickets full size? Small? Well fed? Dusted properly with the supplements we always subpages the on here?

What color are her urates? White or with a tinge of orange or?

Did she dig a hole and lay the eggs in the hole, fill in the hole and tamp down the soil? Was it her first egg laying experience?

Are the crickets full size? Small? Well fed? Dusted properly with the supplements we always subpages the on here?

What color are her urates? White or with a tinge of orange or?
Yes she did all the above this is her 4th time egg laying I’m pretty familiar with the process. Crickets are large and dusted. Urates are white. She will be 2 years old in May

How dull she looks in some areas like really white.

She eats about 30-40 crickets a week
@Beman why the face is this a bad sign? She’s moving around eating and drinking fine just never seen her this color before. Usually when I get close to her she turns black she’s not very friendly 😬 but only under her mouth slightly changed this time. Attached are some normal colors and then when she’s mad is the darker ones

Attachments

• 96208967-7976-44D9-B340-522729A69E66.jpeg
    96208967-7976-44D9-B340-522729A69E66.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 49F5FDCE-208D-4DF7-84EE-8A8E002E2FE6.jpeg
    49F5FDCE-208D-4DF7-84EE-8A8E002E2FE6.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 0E976650-D168-4BE1-B1EC-A4EF2AFFA472.jpeg
    0E976650-D168-4BE1-B1EC-A4EF2AFFA472.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 7469D686-AC52-4A96-8677-08A8F6E8DD5F.jpeg
    7469D686-AC52-4A96-8677-08A8F6E8DD5F.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 32
@Beman why the face is this a bad sign? She’s moving around eating and drinking fine just never seen her this color before. Usually when I get close to her she turns black she’s not very friendly 😬 but only under her mouth slightly changed this time. Attached are some normal colors and then when she’s mad is the darker ones
It is a very large intake of food for a female Veiled. For example for clutch size control we recommend 3 feeders 3 days a week (so only 9 a week) combined with basking temps 78-80max. I am pretty surprised she is not having much larger clutches with 30-40 large crickets a week. I would also expect her to be holding much more fat in her casque and cheeks with that amount of food. If I fed my adult male that way he would be the size of a hippo lol

It is a very large intake of food for a female Veiled. For example for clutch size control we recommend 3 feeders 3 days a week (so only 9 a week) combined with basking temps 78-80max. I am pretty surprised she is not having much larger clutches with 30-40 large crickets a week. I would also expect her to be holding much more fat in her casque and cheeks with that amount of food. If I fed my adult male that way he would be the size of a hippo lol
Oh wow okay. I felt like she was starved when I was feeding her small amounts because when I would feed her she would literally run to the food.

Oh wow okay. I felt like she was starved when I was feeding her small amounts because when I would feed her she would literally run to the food.
LOL yeah that is what I mean... For her being a full adult getting that kind of food intake I would expect extremely large clutches and to see more fat storage on her body.

Question have you ever gotten a fecal tested?

LOL yeah that is what I mean... For her being a full adult getting that kind of food intake I would expect extremely large clutches and to see more fat storage on her body.

Question have you ever gotten a fecal tested?
Yes not recently but a few months after I got her. She did have parasites and she was on antibiotics

What type did she have? Did you get a follow up fecal to ensure the meds cleared them?
I don’t remember but yes I did. And also I can tell when she has em and don’t her fecal will smell really bad if she has them. This is her right now her eyes are what’s worrying me at this point

Attachments

• BD51671D-EE42-46BC-9302-853122180F36.jpeg
    BD51671D-EE42-46BC-9302-853122180F36.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 28
I don’t remember but yes I did. And also I can tell when she has em and don’t her fecal will smell really bad if she has them. This is her right now her eyes are what’s worrying me at this point
Ok just checking since parasites can greatly impact their weight and overall health.

They are quite dark... Does she have branches to sit on? The nets are not really recommended for chams. They can not grip them properly and they can hold bacteria.

I would say if your concerned then get her into a reptile vet. Maybe do an xray to ensure that she is not still holding eggs. Get a fecal checked just in case.

Ok just checking since parasites can greatly impact their weight and overall health.

They are quite dark... Does she have branches to sit on? The nets are not really recommended for chams. They can not grip them properly and they can hold bacteria.

I would say if your concerned then get her into a reptile vet. Maybe do an xray to ensure that she is not still holding eggs. Get a fecal checked just in case.
Thanks

I'm wondering if she's retaining eggs too. If she is it might be why her color is off from what you're used to.
No signs of lethargy, no shutting the eyes during the day, no sitting low in the branches?

In post #6...the top left photo shows receptive coloration. The right top one shows grave IMHO. The bottom right is likely somewhat stressed coloration.

I'm wondering if she's retaining eggs too. If she is it might be why her color is off from what you're used to.
No signs of lethargy, no shutting the eyes during the day, no sitting low in the branches?

In post #6...the top left photo shows receptive coloration. The right top one shows grave IMHO. The bottom right is likely somewhat stressed coloration.
No everything else seems perfectly normal just her colors are off to me

Back
Top Bottom