Color change

Bazelthechameleon

Avid Member
I don’t think I’ve ever seen my boy looking this blue and vibrant. It also seems he’s developed new blue spots on his neck. I wonder what this could indicate? Maybe it’s an aging thing…

Attachments

• FB9CBC38-FF65-4024-B7B1-2FCAE598DEBF.jpeg
    FB9CBC38-FF65-4024-B7B1-2FCAE598DEBF.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 3B338A17-1DD2-465C-8801-F26BB550CFC0.jpeg
    3B338A17-1DD2-465C-8801-F26BB550CFC0.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 48
I don’t think I’ve ever seen my boy looking this blue and vibrant. It also seems he’s developed new blue spots on his neck. I wonder what this could indicate? Maybe it’s an aging thing…
I‘m quite a bit late to comment, I realize 😂

My boy is going on three years old. It’s been my experience that panther males go through color changes throughout the duration of their lives. It *could* come down to stress or inadequate husbandry, sure. But generally these guys just change as they get older. Just like we do I guess, lol. I do also want to mention that winter funk is a very real thing that happens to chameleons.

Where I live, my fruit trees start blooming as early as mid March. They’re definitely in bloom by February. Things usually start warming up where I’m at by April or so, although this last year was a bizarre exception (things stayed cold for a long time and we got a ton of rain). By May, the 2022/2023 winter funk officially ended in my household. For you or someone else though, May might still be pretty cold, so your cham might continue to show dull colors through late spring. Just depends on your climate/ambient temps! Night time temps during the winter would drop below 60 F in my cages, in the difference in my boys was definitely noticeable. Not only did both of my chams take on a dull/dingy look, they both took longer than usual to wake up and go to the top branches of their cage to bask. This was especially true for my older male. It stressed me out to no end, but I finally figured out it’s typical and nothing was wrong. I swear, the moment we hit 70-72 F during the day, Beau snapped out of it and was back to his usual turquoise self. We’ll be going into our cold season soon.. gonna be sad to see his pretty spring/summer colors go away (I just assume that the winter funk will come back). Definitely not going to convince myself he’s dying this time around, though. I included pictures. First is winter funk Beau, second his how he typically looks (though his body tends to go more bright green if he’s under direct sunlight).

You have such a gorgeous nosy faly. Theyre one of my favorite locales! 💙🤍❤️

Attachments

• IMG_3775.png
    IMG_3775.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3776.png
    IMG_3776.png
    895.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom