Cold Trioceros

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Haven't shared anything in a little while so I took these outside while it was still in the upper 40's this morning.

DSC_0461.jpg

Watch out, it's gonna blow!!
DSC_0452.jpg

Does this mess with your eyes?
DSC_0446.jpg

Ha! Couldn't run away and hide quick enough:
DSC_0466.jpg

Nice pics, Kent!!! Its getting down in the 40s in my cham room at the moment. Cant wait to see some baby hoehnelli!

Thanks, guys! I've been wondering if I should bring that gravid hoe inside for warmer temps to see if it would trigger her to drop them. She's looked like she could drop any day for the last 2 or 3 months. What do you think?

hi kent good to see you sharein... is that the hoe ya got at the show? look forward to seein babies.. you goin the show? we will haveta hang out again..

Hey, Rob. I ended up losing that hoe from Pomona before she gave birth. These are some more we picked up at the Sacramento show. I'll be up at the FL booth all weekend but am currently planning on driving home Saturday night so may skip the auction and dinner that night. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

I would let her stay inside the current terrarium but I would add a small spot. Hoehnelii females can problematic when they are gravid, so every form of stress should be far away from her

I didn't necessarily think she'd do better inside but, rather, that a simulated change of seasons (winter outside/summer temps inside) might get her to drop the babies. I've had her a couple of months and she's looked HUGE the whole time. Thoughts?

Not that my opinion matters in this case, but it sounds good to me! I don't think it would hurt her, right?

I didn't necessarily think she'd do better inside but, rather, that a simulated change of seasons (winter outside/summer temps inside) might get her to drop the babies. I've had her a couple of months and she's looked HUGE the whole time. Thoughts?

I dont think it would hurt. Can you move her whole cage inside? Are there any reports of when hoehnelii usually drop clutches in the wild? Adcham says they drop two a year one which I would think to be in spring. Where I am getting at is, and have always wondered this about live bearers that only drop one or two clutches a year, if forced copulation while being held before exported happens then possibly the season they drop in needs to be simulated or they will try and hold them until they feel the season is right or even drop them early if the season comes too early over here.

Maybe trying to simulate spring for her will get her to drop them but again too early wouldnt be good. Just some thinking out loud and probably not much of help:eek:

Back
Top Bottom