Cold nights

Leighqt

I live in Wales Uk and right now it’s cold likely to get colder in the coming weeks. My thermometer told me temperatures got as low as 15.6 C last night. Whilst I know Panthers can cope with this I’m still a little concerned as my Baby is so young ( 18 ish weeks) I’m going to be keeping the heating on overnight until things warm up and possibly move cage into the Bedroom where it’s warmer.

My question is how do you prepare for the Colder seasons ?

You can get a ceramic heat bulb which puts off no light if you're worried. My house gets down to around 17 but I have a young adult veiled so I'm not sure what's alright for a baby panther.

Also a space heater with a thermostat that kicks off when it gets too cold is nice. Then it won't run all the time.
Our panther chameleons cage is 15 most of the time in the cool spot and we have a day mercury bulb and a night one that is just heat no light...well apart from a little orange glow..but Xander seems to be find we live in the UK and don't have central heating only an oiled filled radiator in our room and Xander only gets heat when he wants it.the rest of the time he runs around and don't seem bothered by the cold.

Attachments

• DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0059.JPG
    DSC_0059.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 53
Just wondering is that enclosure mostly glass. Even though it will keep the humidity and heat up it's still not good to have a complete glass enclosure. what you should do is transfer your cham into a screen enclosure and put some plexiglass on the outside of the screen because your cham needs to breathe better than it needs heat or humidity

Hi yes it opens up at the front.we was informed that this tank would provide enough air flow into the tank from the top and from the doors

Attachments

• DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 42
How would we know if he wasn't getting enough air? I mean is there any signs to look out for? He seems comfortable in his surroundings

Back
Top Bottom