Cold Day = Unhappy Kids

CrazyChamLady13

Well.. its 40 degrees out side and no chance of sun or warming up. So I get to deal with "But Mom", "mom I want to go outside!", and "please mom!" Faces all day today and for the rest of the week from the chams, beardie, and my son. As well as the dog and cat. There's no way in this world that their getting their way. Lol I'll post pouting faces later today.

I think my chams know it's cold outside, but they have their indoor free range to play on.
I just have to turn the heat up when I let them out, which means I have to turn the humidifier way up too!

Noogie stays moody all winter, he doesn't even want to come out of his cage!

In the summer, he begs to be let out like my other guyz do.
But in the winter, he's just a grumpy lump on a stick :(

Noogie stays moody all winter, he doesn't even want to come out of his cage! In the summer, he begs to be let out like my other guyz do. But in the winter, he's just a grumpy lump on a stick :(

Ha! My Jax has been so crabby about the weather change, my husband started calling him "Grump Log". He has a major attitude about the cold. I tried explaining that spring is a long way off, but he doesn't listen. :D

I am so glad I live in Florida. Great place to keep chameleons! When I have to bring mine inside for whatever reason and put them in their indoor cages, they really seem depressed. They are so much happier outside. I feel for you guys with the winter months, not only for yourselves but for your chameleons!!

Waldo is climbing the screen while I was sitting next to him like "MOM LET ME OUT!!!"
Poor baby! We're getting ready to leave so can't let him out.

Waldo is climbing the screen while I was sitting next to him like "MOM LET ME OUT!!!"
Poor baby! We're getting ready to leave so can't let him out.

Both of my veiled chams do that, they climb and scratch at the door when they see me walk into the room. They go back to their branches if I leave the room and they think I'm not watching.
Now, my panther is doing it too!!

They make me feel really bad when I cant let them out, they act so pittyful :rolleyes:

Smeagol seems to know if he makes enough noise scratching, I will eventually give in :p

40 ??!! I will trade ya - we are 11 :eek: I can understand the chams staying in, but my kids love it outside no matter the temp - but I don't know how old your little boy is either - my kids are 16/17 now - so they dont go out to play anymore- lol - but I am also getting un-happy campers due to winter :( ( well, except for the Jax girls in the f/r- the flowers are even blooming in there- so its like summer to them, even the grass needs " mowed" in there- I may just jump in there too- :p

Back
Top Bottom