Coconut fiber sheets

asianer

So, a friend of mine is using coconut fiber sheets on the sides of his panther cage for added humidity retention. Does anyone have experience with them? And where can I purchase these?

like the backgrounds for hermit crabs? i've used it before in a 10g pygmy tank before. they look quite nice, but i really wouldn't say they do much for humidity. only live plants IMHO help keep in ambient humidity

like the backgrounds for hermit crabs? i've used it before in a 10g pygmy tank before. they look quite nice, but i really wouldn't say they do much for humidity. only live plants IMHO help keep in ambient humidity

Yes, the ones that are advertised for hermit crabs. So, no ill effects to your pygmy's I assume? Thank you for your response.

Hydroponic stores have them also.. I thought about coconut but they need to stay wet from mister or something to raise the humidity.. My reptifogger and big dripper has been doing the trick so far..

Armstrong Garden Center sells these for $3 per sq foot. I'm sure other garden centers have them as well.

I have seen these used in place of the foam/kitty litter fake backgrounds that many make as well. At first they don't look as nice, but they work just as well at retaining moisture and allowing epiphytes to grow off it or vines to climb it.

Back
Top Bottom