Coccidia cleaning help!!

So my one year old panther ambanja is done with his albon treatement ( wish I knew not to use albon). I read it is crucial to prevent reinfection. So I diluted 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to about 11% to spray his cage. I have him at my friends house in his old small cage till I complete the cleaning. I sprayed his cage and plants A LOT!! I then waited 10 minutes and turned on his misting to wash it down. I also poured gallons of water all over everything. I do not want to take chances and put him in just yet just in case any H2O2 is still in there and burn him. How long should I wait for the H2O2 to turn to water and be safe for him to go back in??

Thanks for all the support guys!!

Glad to hear that your treatment is over. I would recommend getting another fecal performed in about a month as Coccidia is extremely difficult to completely kill. Are you using live plants in his cage? If so, honestly I would throw them out and get new plants as it would be almost impossible to completely clean the plant.

Everything else would let everything dry for a good 24 hours if you can before you put him back in. I see your in NY so I would say outside is the best but not sure that will help in this cold weather.

My panther got coccidia once- it was a challenge to get rid of. My vet prescribed Ponazuril, we did 3 rounds before he had a clean fecal. I threw away all of his live plants. The vines I soaked in hydrogen peroxide developer from the beauty supply store which I also used to scrub his cage. During treatment I put a few vines in his cage that I could throw away. Basically kept it simple and easy to clean. After he tested clean I replaced them with new vines and live plants. The peroxide with rinsing will not leave a residue that will harm your boy. Good luck- my guy is fine after a year and a half, sounds like you are doing the right thing for him!

Back
Top Bottom