Coccidia and Medication

KeopiCat

Avid Member
Hello everyone,

I hope you and your chameleons are well.

Mondo recently went to the vet and as far as how he looks and acts, the vet said he was looking good. However, I also had a fecal sample sent in and it turns out Mondo has an excess of Coccidia in his gut, which may be contributing to his soft urates. The vet prescribed Sulfatrim. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to administer the medication or if anyone has experience with this specific medication.

Thanks,
-Keopi and Mondo

It's better known as albon! I don't use albon for coccidia, ask your vet if he can give you 5% ponazuril oral liquid! The sulfatrim won't completely kill the coccidia only control it, but I'll probably here people on here saying that I'm totally wrong! But I use toltrazuril 5% oral if you can't get it from your vet contact me and I can send you a link where you can get it!

It's better known as albon! I don't use albon for coccidia, ask your vet if he can give you 5% ponazuril oral liquid! The sulfatrim won't completely kill the coccidia only control it, but I'll probably here people on here saying that I'm totally wrong! But I use toltrazuril 5% oral if you can't get it from your vet contact me and I can send you a link where you can get it!

I've heard that some coccidia was normal in the gut, is this wrong?

Make sure you disinfect your cage really good and you will have to retreat again in a couple of weeks as there could be eggs that are shed that can reinfect.

Back
Top Bottom