Coccidia advice

Albon is an old treatment for coccidia, unless you plan to switch vets I would follow her advise on dosage and administration. I would also work very hard to keep him hydrated especially with the higher temperatures. Reptiles with infections can fight them better if they are kept warm. I usually bump the temp up a couple of degrees if I suspect they have a respiratory infection but it would apply to any infection. I'm a little iffy on the overnight high temps but she's the vet and I'm not.
Without seeing the blood work it would be a bad idea to second guess the vet. She may have seen signs of infection and added the antibiotic and dewormer.

Here’s his blood work. The the meds were given b4 the blood workers done. All she was going off of was a poop sample I gave her after I found it after dropping him off. I just want what’s best for my Larry. He’s my world (besides my real human son) and hate seeing him like this

Attachments

• 7C12EBE8-26BB-4D68-B210-F7EC37416315.png
    7C12EBE8-26BB-4D68-B210-F7EC37416315.png
    619.2 KB · Views: 146
Ok so the meds were given to him before the bloodwork correct?... if so that could be why the liver was showing those results albon I believe is bad on liver and the other med that’s basically baytril that is bad on the kidneys that’s prolly why the electrolytes were off so make sure to give lots of water

I would guess the blood work was taken before the meds were started but the results didn't come back until after.
Coccidia can infect the liver in advanced cases where the immune system has been compromised. I don't see any thing wrong with her diagnosis.
You could get a second opinion or ask for different meds if you aren't comfortable with what you were told.

Yea she said given before bloodwork that’s why I wanted to make sure lol... I would just look into it I’m pretty sure all those meds together could be dangerous just lots of water that’s all I can say I’d say she’s good on him having coccidia pretty bad if it was really bad he’d become weak and start to small like a fish

Yea she said given before bloodwork that’s why I wanted to make sure lol... I would just look into it I’m pretty sure all those meds together could be dangerous just lots of water that’s all I can say I’d say she’s good on him having coccidia pretty bad if it was really bad he’d become weak and start to small like a fish

Yes meds were given b4 blood work due to the delay of poop sample

The live plants just help keep humidity up but I didn’t catch what kind you have veiled or panther lol but veiled are known for eating greens people say they eat plants cuz they’re dehydrated but I think they just like to eat plants lol

The live plants just help keep humidity up but I didn’t catch what kind you have veiled or panther lol but veiled are known for eating greens people say they eat plants cuz they’re dehydrated but I think they just like to eat plants lol
I have a veiled. I have found lots of little v marks on his fuchsia and umbrella plant. My female never eats her plants

I smelled him and he smells like a fish.

If he opens his mouth see if his breath is stronger
Now that I think about it he’s always smelled a little funky since the day I got him. I honestly thought that’s how they smelled. I smelled my female after and realized the difference. I haven’t handled my female since the week I got her,she hate humans

Now that I think about it he’s always smelled a little funky since the day I got him. I honestly thought that’s how they smelled. I smelled my female after and realized the difference. I haven’t handled my female since the week I got her,she hate humans
I'm considering getting a tree costume to wear for my guy.

Back
Top Bottom