Coccidia advice

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my vet wants me to keep Larry on heat 24/7 while he’s being treated. I’m confused about this because she told me he needs heat at all times. From what I’ve read and from what I’ve heard from everyone he should have a drop of heat at night no lower then 60 at night. Am I getting the right advice on this or is she confused or possibly wrong?

I really wish I understood the blood work she sent me better

Last edited:
So my vet wants me to keep Larry on heat 24/7 while he’s being treated. I’m confused about this because she told me he needs heat at all times. From what I’ve read and from what I’ve heard from everyone he should have a drop of heat at height no lower then 60 at night. Am I getting the right advice on this or is she confused or possibly wrong?

I really wish I understood the blood work she sent me better
Could mean just to make sure the heat stays 60 or a little higher when the lights are off at night

Could mean just to make sure the heat stays 60 or a little higher when the lights are off at night
No she wants him at 80 at all times. I’m doing it but I’m still unsure if it’s the right call. I try and keep the room he is in 60 or higher at night

Wait until some of the experienced keepers comment does not seem right to me but I have not researched into meds and specifics. Hope he feels better soon :)

Wait until some of the experienced keepers comment does not seem right to me but I have not researched into meds and specifics. Hope he feels better soon :)

Thank you he’s eating on his own again so fingers crossed

She also advised me to but heat on my female at night. That I have not done

I would get her out of that room to be safe that stuff can spread like a wild fire... your dog could sniff the cage and get it it’s pretty easy to spread

Albon, ciprofloxacin, panacur with flagyl and she wants to add lactulose/milk thistle/dandelion to support his liver because his blood work showed large elevations in liver enzymes

That’s a lot of meds and he just had coccidia?... albon is for the coccidia so how many days did they want you to use it for that’s the old med not much use it these days... Ponazuril is what they usually give now the albon will still work tho I’m just wondering why all the other meds tho

from what she said yes only coccidia. I have his blood work if that might help. I know the ciprofloxacin is to deworm him but she said he showed no signs in worms but still unclear about the rest

Panacure is is the dewormer ciprofloxacin is like pretty much baytril to be honest I’m not sure if this vet of yours is good all those meds together don’t make sense at all... albon if anything is all they should of gave for coccidia and the panacure was pointless since there’s no worms and flagyl pointless if there’s no flagulites I’m lost on that diagnosis they gave you

Panacure is is the dewormer ciprofloxacin is like pretty much baytril to be honest I’m not sure if this vet of yours is good all those meds together don’t make sense at all... albon if anything is all they should of gave for coccidia and the panacure was pointless since there’s no worms and flagyl pointless if there’s no flagulites I’m lost on that diagnosis they gave you
She considered the best exotic vet in the area she’s very old so idk if that has to do with anything. Now I feel a little lost and confused on what I should do. Should I just give him the Albon only then? I think she went in with an aggressive approach

Yea I’m not sure about the 80 24/7 that was new to me as well maybe coccidia don’t do to well in higher temps all of that was new to me you got meds for uri coccidia and deworming all in one and you only have coccidia it’s just weird

Yea I’m not sure about the 80 24/7 that was new to me as well maybe coccidia don’t do to well in higher temps all of that was new to me you got meds for uri coccidia and deworming all in one and you only have coccidia it’s just weird
Ok next question then he’s been on the treatment for 6 days now and according to the vet I don’t give him the Albon for 2 days now. On Friday I start giving it to him again. It that correct?? Should I continue to give all the other stuff and should I add the lactulose/milk thistle/dandelion? I’m suppose to call today to let them know if I’m picking up the meds or not. @Thehippie mentioned to me I could try purée pears instead

Back
Top Bottom