Clutch laying (veiled chameleon)

My baby just laid her second clutch of 30 within 3 months after her first clutch of 27 on November 19, 2021. Is this normal am I doing something wrong to make her lay back to back? She is only 9 months old.

The clutches shouldn't be that close together....should be more like 120 days between clutches. At least the number of eggs per clutch isn't too high. Can she see another chameleon? Other reptile? Mirror?

I do have other reptiles present 2 male bearded dragons and a female ball python. Up until about 2 days ago my 5 month old male bearded dragon was able to look down on her from his cage and she would occasionally see him. I have rearranged and have it to where none of them see each other anymore. Because 5 month old and my year old beardies we’re head butting the glass trying to get to one another.

After reading other forums I do over feed her. I feed her 3x a week but 10 feeders
Ten feeders for each feeding, or ten feeders total for the week? Ten for the week is perfect. It’s so tough with veileds…they always look so hungry. Every single time mine see me, they make a beeline for their feeding stations and look inside, just hoping some bugs magically appeared. They break my heart.

10 each feeding! Cause she looks so hungry lol! I will cut back.

I did not remove her eggs and I just came to check on her and she is in her lay bin just sitting there

Please post a couple of photos of her.

You said..."I did not remove her eggs and I just came to check on her and she is in her lay bin just sitting there".. HIW do you know how many she laid if you didn't remove them and count them?

I counted them in the bin after she laid for 2 1/2 days. But last time I felt like I removed them to soon because for a week she roamed around the bin

She’s puffed up because she don’t like to be bothered.

Attachments

• 2B8E25A0-C36B-4914-9883-19ED60CCEB05.jpeg
    2B8E25A0-C36B-4914-9883-19ED60CCEB05.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 5A49BBF6-C93D-44E3-9CBF-ECBFBB19DBE3.jpeg
    5A49BBF6-C93D-44E3-9CBF-ECBFBB19DBE3.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom