closed/foggy eye

my cham has her one eye closed all day yesterday and the day before, and i was just giving it time to see if it got better. today she finally opened her eye, but her pupil is smaller, and it looks like a foggy coat is covering her eye. it looks liquidy, and when she closed the small eye hole, some of it drips out a little bit. she has stopped rubbing it, and she is perfectly fine otherwise, eating wise, and still being herself.

you cant exactly tell from a picture but here is one:
C8344F3B-86FF-4BD4-B775-9ADAA43891F1.jpeg

This is one of those situations where going to the vet is a must do thing. Being as how it involves the eye the last thing she needs is to lose function of that eye. Since they rely so much on their eyesight. I would only go to an experienced reptile vet.

For immediate attention I would start giving some extended misting sessions. How do you mist? If by hand get the pump type weed sprayer. You can rest the hose on top and lock the sprayer on and just let it go. Mine realy like this method. It produces spattering drops as well as a large drip line.

This is not a cure, but if it is just built up debris she can clean it out. If she does clear it great. I would start planning on a vet if it does not clear or gets worse.
Unfortunately a vet is the only one that can give the meds if it is an infection. Remember treatment is hard on chams so if it does not clear in a day or two the faster she gets on an antibiotic the better.

For immediate attention I would start giving some extended misting sessions. How do you mist? If by hand get the pump type weed sprayer. You can rest the hose on top and lock the sprayer on and just let it go. Mine realy like this method. It produces spattering drops as well as a large drip line.

This is not a cure, but if it is just built up debris she can clean it out. If she does clear it great. I would start planning on a vet if it does not clear or gets worse.
Unfortunately a vet is the only one that can give the meds if it is an infection. Remember treatment is hard on chams so if it does not clear in a day or two the faster she gets on an antibiotic the better.
thank you so much, i’ll update you guys

Back
Top Bottom