Closed eyes

joel.florez33

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, Male, 1-2 months. 1 month 1 week
  • Handling - about 5 times since I had him
  • Feeding - small crickets and small dubia roaches. 5-10 per day. feed a few when i we get up and the rest when i return from school. i feed the feeders roach chow from a dubia starter colony
  • Supplements - Repti Calcium every day and Fluker's Repta Calcium with D3 and Rep-Cal multi vitamins on weekends
  • Watering - misting from spray bottle. mist every day twice a day i spend 5 minutes misting. I see him drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Droppings are still small but they look normal black and white end. Has not been tested for parasites?
  • History - He shed exactly one month after i got him, that's when he started leaving his eyes closed

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - All screen 18x18x36 (medium reptibreeze)
  • Lighting - I use a ceramic heating bulb and a Reptisun 5.0 UVB compact 12 hours on 12 hours off
  • Temperature - Basking spot is at 85 degrees and the floor is at 74 degrees F. Lowest overnight temp is around 70 degrees. I have a digital thermometer with a wire and the sensor at the end.
  • Humidity - I don't have a tool to measure humidity but i can tell that my room is more humid that the rest of the house because it is warmer and I have fish tanks in the same room.
  • Plants - I have one live plant it is the Dwarf umbrella tree, the rest are fake plants.
  • Placement - The cage is in my room. there is one ceiling fan at the center of the room always on the lowest setting, not in a heavy traffic area. The cage sits on the floor
  • Location -Located on Southern California.

Current Problem - The cham is keeping his eyes closed

15483005248451112195419.jpg
154830056707666595797.jpg
15483006020401095875042.jpg
15483006020401095875042.jpg
154830056707666595797.jpg
15483005248451112195419.jpg

Little bugger looks like he had something stuck in there, maybe stuck shed in the eye turret.

I would try the shower method first. Take a small plant and place it in the shower with him on it, point the shower at the wall (not directly at him). Let the warm mist bounce off the wall onto the plant and him. Not too hot or cold. Hopefully this helps him clean his eyes out. Continue doing this for a few days.

Also pickup a hygrometer so you can monitor your humidity properly, it may not necessarily be what you think it is due to the heat lamp drying things up.

Little bugger looks like he had something stuck in there, maybe stuck shed in the eye turret.

I would try the shower method first. Take a small plant and place it in the shower with him on it, point the shower at the wall (not directly at him). Let the warm mist bounce off the wall onto the plant and him. Not too hot or cold. Hopefully this helps him clean his eyes out. Continue doing this for a few days.

Also pickup a hygrometer so you can monitor your humidity properly, it may not necessarily be what you think it is due to the heat lamp drying things up.
thanks ill start doing this tomorrow afternoon

Sorry I also forgot to mention

Are you alternating the d3 and multivitamins on weekends? D3 and vit should only be twice a month.

I have a veiled similar age and I let him eat as much as he wants right now. I’d throw an extra misting in there as well.

How long did you leave him in there for, did you shut the door to bathroom to allow it to get very humid?

it is also worth mentioning that your UVB is insufficient. You want a linear style hood. I have a veiled very close in age and switched out to an arcadia t5 6% and plan to switch that to a 12% when hes a bit older.

Back
Top Bottom