Cloning my dog...

ColorCham427

Avid Member
When will this be open to the public... I live in NJ? lol im being serious. My goldens 8 years old, hope I have enough time. I'm thinking about preserving his dna. maybe someday i'll be rich and i could bring him back, you never know lol

You won't be bringing him back though. It will be a whole different dog in your old dog's body. Too bad they can't get around that.

You won't be bringing him back though. It will be a whole different dog in your old dog's body. Too bad they can't get around that.
Agreed. Expriences shape the animal just as much as their DNA does IMO. Thats why identical twins don't have the exact same behaviours.

i'm sure if serious researching was into it, they mite one day accomplish it, though it all goes into moral and ethical reasons..not just the ignorant sayings, but the idea of it seems "selfish" IMHO...

Don't we all wish we could bring back past pets, family, friends... but just because they look the same doesn't mean it's the same person, unfortunately. And I'm with Ace on this one, it's selfish to put the expectations on a clone of who their "original" was like.

Perhaps in the future there will be behavior modifications for things like this.

It's wishful thinking guys, let him have his dream.

yeah other than looks I think you dogs personality and stuff will be different, why not stud him out for pick of the liter. Not trying to change your mind, but get a cocker spaniel. I was always into pitbulls and my brother breeds them. I came across a cocker spaniel and he has been the best dog in the world. and trust me i hated the cocker spaniel, not man enough for me lol, but they are super smart even as pups.

Nooooooo!! Don't breed him! He should already be neutered anyways. Breeding doggies on purpose is sad. The world doesn't need anymore unwanted doggies.

He has been fixed, and I know he will only look like him, not actaully be "the second him" only look like him! lol

I WILL give another dog the love and affection he deserves when the time comes.

I do wishful thinking a lot Syn! lol

Nooooooo!! Don't breed him! He should already be neutered anyways. Breeding doggies on purpose is sad. The world doesn't need anymore unwanted doggies.

OK so cloning is not the same thing as bringing another dog into the world, and what do you mean by unwanted doggies, they arent all unwanted.

yeah other than looks I think you dogs personality and stuff will be different, why not stud him out for pick of the liter. Not trying to change your mind, but get a cocker spaniel. I was always into pitbulls and my brother breeds them. I came across a cocker spaniel and he has been the best dog in the world. and trust me i hated the cocker spaniel, not man enough for me lol, but they are super smart even as pups.

Because he's 8 years old and no breeder in their right mind would use him?

The thing about cloning, is that if you clone your now 8 year old dog (which is pretty old for a golden retreiver) then what you're actually going to get, is another 8 year old golden retreiver, not a puppy....biologically, it would be 8 years old

The thing about cloning, is that if you clone your now 8 year old dog (which is pretty old for a golden retreiver) then what you're actually going to get, is another 8 year old golden retreiver, not a puppy....biologically, it would be 8 years old
Uh......... oh never mind.

I think he means the cloning where the animal is raised inside the womb of another animal.

And yes, not all dogs are unwanted, but the majorty of them are. When you breed one pup and sell/give it away, you push another unwanted/unowned dog farther from the likelyhood of being adopted and taken care of like it should be. You also push other dogs closer to being put down.

I think he means the cloning where the animal is raised inside the womb of another animal.

And yes, not all dogs are unwanted, but the majorty of them are. When you breed one pup and sell/give it away, you push another unwanted/unowned dog farther from the likelyhood of being adopted and taken care of like it should be. You also push other dogs closer to being put down.

If it helps all my 3 dogs were given to us and one came from the pound:)
2 pit mixes and a terrior mix which he is now 11 years old... Got him when he was 2 years old from unwAnted owner... He is still going strong... No signs of aging except teeth... But not bad teeth....

Kara,

Your stance on situations like this are probably well known by now. You don't need to push your beliefs onto others. Accept that other people have different opinions and move on. :)

Ciao.

Kara,

Your stance on situations like this are probably well known by now. You don't need to push your beliefs onto others. Accept that other people have different opinions and move on. :)

Ciao.
LoL

I call it " educating with PASSION"....

Ahhh, the cycle of life when humans intervein. Thats the same with chameleons and any other animal that are kept in captivity. The main reason i will never buy pets from a petstore. Just think of the 1000's of veiled chameleons that are bred at 30 eggs a pop, thats 30,000 baby veiled's and about 25 percent of them make it to adulthood. That leaves 7,500 adults minus the 1000 to start with so every 4 months there is 6500 new adult chameleons either released or culled. People look at the dogs different but i see them all the same as pets.

I wonder if you clone a Chameleon if you will get the same identical coloration as the clonee.

I think cloning is playing GOD, but thats a different story.

It would be interesting to know if the coloration would be the same. If so could you clone 2 males same color, breed both to a set of cloned females and get identical twins from the 2 different clutchs;)

Back
Top Bottom