Cleo having her first shed!

I was so excited when I awoke this morning to switch Cleo's lights on and her daily mist, I saw that since I got her beginning of June roughly she's having her first shed with me :D I'm surprised how quickly they grown and she was tiny when I got her, she's about just a little larger than a credit card :eek:

I wanted to ask something anyway, she has a dripper and she never uses and it and prefers to drink off side of the viv walls, should I just take the dripper out?

Also I had a bottle of shed ease in my room which I use for the corn snake and python, is this ok to use on Chams? You spray all over their body to make sure they have a ok shed.

I never use the shed ease, even on my snakes, unless they have a really bad shed. Let her shed naturally and just keep an eye on her to make sure she gets the skin off. I would leave the dripper in. While some chameleons never use them it still is providing water on the leaves which she may drink off of.

You should post something in the food forum.. My girl is 4 months and she eats twice that much.. 6 big crickets or alot of little ones.. and some worms.. and some cucumbers..

Thanks. Also can they loose their appitite a little? she's only ate 2 crickets so far out of the 12 I've given her.

My lil man Simba goes off his food when he sheds. They must be in a bad mood with all the itchy skin so they just concentrate on getting that off over eating.

If she has eaten normally before shedding, I wouldn't worry too much. Give her a day or so, she'll sharp get her appetite back!! ;)

As for shed ease, no, just let her shed herself. Increasing the mistings you give her will help her get the skin off ;)

Leave the dripper in. That will help with humidity and as has already been mentioned, you may not see her drinking, but it doesn't mean she isn't. If it is left to drip over a plant, she may be drinking from the leaves.

PICS OF THE PRETTY NEWLY SHEDDED SHINEY GIRL PLEASE!!!!!:D

You should post something in the food forum.. My girl is 4 months and she eats twice that much.. 6 big crickets or alot of little ones.. and some worms.. and some cucumbers..

Be careful with the 'big crickets' they should be no bigger than the space between your chams eyes or they can cause problems. ;)

Back
Top Bottom