Clementine has disappeared!

dudeking

It is now the fourth day, and I'm running out of ideas. I'm distraught.

It was 1:00pm, Saturday, I sat down with my girlfriend to watch a movie, he seemed explorative and quickly crawled up my hand when I was near him, so I stuck him on the big schefflera in my living room as we watched.

I looked over and checked on him a couple of times, he was hangin' out.

But when the movie was over, he was GONE.

I'd like to mention at this point that about 3 or 4 days prior he had become significantly more active, walking down to the ground from his freerange in my room in order to go to a window across the hall for the morning sun.

So I've been searching like mad ever since, I've turned my house upside down and inside out. I literally can't find a spot in my house that I DIDN'T search now.

I'd like to add that I made sure all exits/entries from the house were closed up, I don't think there was any way he could have gone outside unless he ran for it after someone opened the door and it slowly closed...

So I checked outside anyways. Took some advise from the forums, used a spotlight on the trees around, clambered all over my house.

I'm really not sure about the point of this thread, I guess I'm just looking for some consolation, I'm getting really worried now, he must be dehydrated and probably hungry, hopefully he's not hurt, and he's at least got some sunlight or something... Any wise words?

And here's some pictures. Because I'm sad and I miss him.

Attachments

• Clem2.jpg
    Clem2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Clem.jpg
    Clem.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 175
  • clem4.jpg
    clem4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 213
  • clem3.jpg
    clem3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 177
there was another forum member that lost his cham outside and managed to find em like a day later or somthing. if he was lost in ur house thats probably where he is. check under and inside couches too. tear em apart, and be sure to check windows everywhere during the day to see if hes sunning himself

If he is inside, set out a dish of food in each room. Something like silkworms or superworms, that will stay in the bowl. Go back and count the number of worms periodically. If they are disappearing from one location, you know where to focus your search. Most likely he is still in the house.

I left home for 2 days. A friend cared for my chams. Lenny (male quad) free ranges in his room. I came home late at night. Looked in his sleeping branch - no Lenny. Used a flash light and searched his room - no Lenny. Next morning I look for him - no Lenny. I call a friend who has chams to help me, we search - no Lenny. Friend gives up, left. I decided to put out some silkies since they are his favorite food. If he was in the room, I did not want him hungry. I started putting them on his favorite eating rope. By the time I was putting worm # 4 on the rope, he walked out and started eating!!! He was in his free range area the whole time. I still have no idea, in what tree, or where but I missed him multiple times.

Ive never lost a chameleon in my house but i have lost hermit crabs and geckos and ive gotta tell you they go in the oddest places ever you've gotta look where you'd never think he'd go.

the food advice from the other members is your best bet! Gosh I hope you find him! Keep us posted!!!

I remember a story where someone found his chameleon in the bathroom a week after being lost in the living room. Look strange places (behind the toilet, behind things in closets). The food as bait idea is excellent. You might also make sure he has the ability to get into his cage. If it were me, I'd keep turning the lights on and misting the cage as normal.

Thank you all for the replies!!

Thanks Laurie!!! The food bait idea is wonderful, and could at least put me at ease with his eating if they start disappearing too, hahaha, I'll pick up some worms asap!

He definitely has access to his "enclosure" it's quite open with ropes coming down into my room from his plants.

Yeah I pictured him laughing to himself, way up in some dark corner, watching my frustrated ass search for him.

i lostg an iguana in my house for over a mnth and their big. he was veru hungry and dehydrated when i found him but so happy he loved me. if i could not find an iguana a cham is a master. you'll find him. your just missing him. i agree tha baiting idea is wonderful. i did the same but he'd only come and eat when we left. lol.

I just wanted to wish you the best in finding your little friend. Please do keep us updated. He is a very nice looking cham and I am sure you will find him soon. Best wishes.

im very sorry to hear about your little friend. i really hope you find him. :(

on a little lighter note...in pic #3 i think i see a grinder on the table hahahaha :D

If he is inside, set out a dish of food in each room. Something like silkworms or superworms, that will stay in the bowl. Go back and count the number of worms periodically. If they are disappearing from one location, you know where to focus your search. Most likely he is still in the house.

I left home for 2 days. A friend cared for my chams. Lenny (male quad) free ranges in his room. I came home late at night. Looked in his sleeping branch - no Lenny. Used a flash light and searched his room - no Lenny. Next morning I look for him - no Lenny. I call a friend who has chams to help me, we search - no Lenny. Friend gives up, left. I decided to put out some silkies since they are his favorite food. If he was in the room, I did not want him hungry. I started putting them on his favorite eating rope. By the time I was putting worm # 4 on the rope, he walked out and started eating!!! He was in his free range area the whole time. I still have no idea, in what tree, or where but I missed him multiple times.

Yeah, it is pretty amazing how well these guys can hide. Now granted my female veiled is small, but I've lost her in the single 6' ficus for over ten minutes, which I feel is q long time when u KNOW that your Cham is righty ere in front if your face... I cant imagine how hard it would be to find one in a whole room devoted to a free range set up!

To OP: if it's any consolation, when I was a kid, I owned multiple lizards and snakes (which are harder to find than lizards) that escaped. Some went missing for weeks, and I NEVER found one that wasn't still alive (and I think we eventually found them all).

Just to build off what everyone else said: Good luck! You'll find him eventually.

Last winter, my friend lost her baby corn snake and we searched all over her house for the bugger. He was only like 4 inches long and tiny as hell, so we were pretty discouraged. She looked every day for the first week or two, and I came over 3 times to help. Eventually the little jerk just showed up one day chilling on the floor in the living room.

When I was a kid, one of my friends also had an iguana that got out of his outdoor cage in early September. We couldn't find him anywhere. His mom finally found the poor guy in January in a tree in their backyard half frozen. He pulled through it though and lived a long time after that.

They'll come back eventually, it just takes some patience.

Make sure you keep the toilet shut so it can't fall in. Looking at night when its sleeping may help since it won't be moving around. Look behind curtains, on top of curtains, under furniture, on cords to lamps and computers, on table legs and chair legs, if any closet doors were open at the time, look in the closets and even between the clothes there. Be careful opening/shutting doors and watch where you walk. Good luck!

Grinder

whats a grinder?

A grinder has nothing to do with Chems. A grinder is something you use to gride... For example, if you wanted to gride some dry basil leaves you could put them in the grinder and gride away! Once you open it up it is in very small flakes that could be used for many different things... including cooking. I'm sure that the basil makes the room and grider smell great. I've used griders before, just for different reasons. :)

Make sure you keep the toilet shut so it can't fall in. Looking at night when its sleeping may help since it won't be moving around. Look behind curtains, on top of curtains, under furniture, on cords to lamps and computers, on table legs and chair legs, if any closet doors were open at the time, look in the closets and even between the clothes there. Be careful opening/shutting doors and watch where you walk. Good luck!

I agree and I free range all my chams. At least he's in the house. You just don't want anything to happen to him. I have found one before behind the piano and another hanging on the computer cords behind my desk. You've gotton some good advise here about the food and I will turn on their lights the next morning after they go roaming and that's usually when they reappear. Keep us posted.

Good luck!!! I found my veiled twice sleeping on wires behind my tv! And once at the top of blinds on a window... Again good luck on your search and anticipating the post where you inform us that he has been found...

i left my closet door open once..found my lil gixxer hanging on the back of my towels hung up(like he was purposfully hiding from me..then one other time behind my tv on the cords..you will find him

i had a leopard gecko dissapere for a week then he popped out in front of me all hungry and thirsty..also found my female jacksons in a closet..she buried herself under my laundry..good thing i do laundry once a week..LOL

Back
Top Bottom