Cleaning

extrajordinary

Established Member
Since Leo shed yesterday and I haven't cleaned his cage since he got here a week ago, I did a thorough cleaning yesterday. Having the utility tub as a base made cleaning really easy...but I was wondering what I can be using to disinfect his cage. I imagine any cleaning supplies (like Clorox) are out of the question. Is a little bit of Dawn dish soap okay? If not, what can I use? To clarify, I'm asking about disinfecting just the tub, where he doesn't go very often. For the leaves I just wiped them down with a damp paper towel.

Since Leo shed yesterday and I haven't cleaned his cage since he got here a week ago, I did a thorough cleaning yesterday. Having the utility tub as a base made cleaning really easy...but I was wondering what I can be using to disinfect his cage. I imagine any cleaning supplies (like Clorox) are out of the question. Is a little bit of Dawn dish soap okay? If not, what can I use? To clarify, I'm asking about disinfecting just the tub, where he doesn't go very often. For the leaves I just wiped them down with a damp paper towel.
Repti-San, Zoo Med Wipe-Out, or either/both of the FXSC veterinary concentrates

I realize your only talking about the tub here but the entire viv doesn’t need to be frequently deep cleaned, once a year max. Spot cleaning is more than enough to maintain a healthy living space. After all, chams come with an immune system, let them use it!

I realize your only talking about the tub here but the entire viv doesn’t need to be frequently deep cleaned, once a year max. Spot cleaning is more than enough to maintain a healthy living space. After all, chams come with an immune system, let them use it!
Good to know! Thanks for the help guys! So using Dawn won't hurt him?

Back
Top Bottom