cleaning up

vegas shooby

i just wanna know how other people clean there chameleon cages and wut they use...becouse i haven't clean marley's cage for a min soo i plane on cleaning it up tomorrow....

Well, right now, here in New Jersey, it's really hard to do a GOOD cleaning because it's just too cold out. For now, we are using paper towels to pick up any droppings, then we have a terrarium cleaner that we just just on the bottom, wipe it up really good, and make sure it's completely dry.

When it's warmer out though, everything comes out of the cages and we go out in the back yard with the hose, spray them down really well and just make sure they are clean.

like i plane on taking out everything out of the cage.....branches and ect...my cage needs a good cleaning...i haven't cleaned his cage out since i first got him.antibacterial soap cool to use....

I'm honestly not sure about using soap. I know some people buy/rent steamers to disinfect. I know people do a mixture of something but I can't remember what it is right now. To avoid this in the future though, make sure you spot clean every day if possible. It'll help with doing big cleans in the future, you know?

I'm honestly not sure about using soap. I know some people buy/rent steamers to disinfect. I know people do a mixture of something but I can't remember what it is right now. To avoid this in the future though, make sure you spot clean every day if possible. It'll help with doing big cleans in the future, you know?

daaam u dont know the mixture shit...soo dont use soap then k.. im :confused: now ha

I believe people do that, yes. I've heard of people using real branches and baking them before they put them into the cage, but since I've never done that, I really can't give input on how long they bake them for, the temp, etc. I want to say there was a thread about cleaning the cages maybe a month or so ago, it's a pretty popular topic. If you do a search for how to clean cages, or something along those lines, you may come up with a ton of ideas.

I believe people do that, yes. I've heard of people using real branches and baking them before they put them into the cage, but since I've never done that, I really can't give input on how long they bake them for, the temp, etc. I want to say there was a thread about cleaning the cages maybe a month or so ago, it's a pretty popular topic. If you do a search for how to clean cages, or something along those lines, you may come up with a ton of ideas.

thanks mr wilson...ha nah im not using real brabches...i got those fake vines thing...that u get from the pet store...pretty dirty...becouse im about clean his cage up right now as soon as i find good info on wut i should i use....thanks for your help wilson

Bleach or peroxide are your best choices Imo. I would personally go with a 4% bleach solution and spray everything down wipe everything dry then rinse well with hose several times and wipe everything dry again. Then I let the cage air dry in the sun for a few mins to let everything dry out. You can get 4% peroxide at beauty supply stores.

Bleach or peroxide are your best choices Imo. I would personally go with a 4% bleach solution and spray everything down wipe everything dry then rinse well with hose several times and wipe everything dry again. Then I let the cage air dry in the sun for a few mins to let everything dry out. You can get 4% peroxide at beauty supply stores.

thanks again...to u texas panther man and everyone else helping me out...on this issue

Back
Top Bottom