cleaning the cage

I usually use a hot water and white vinegar solution, or a steam cleaner (a good one, not a cheapo one). Hydrogen peroxide is also good. Some people use a bleach solution.

I use an organic cleaner from the pet store... However im sure there are cheaper solutions

I use a product called Healthy Habitat from Natural Solutions. You can get it at most big box pet stores. It is a little pricey compared to a bleach solution, but it is safe to use while they are in the cage and has a plesant scent to it. It also goes a long way. I am still on my first 22oz bottle and my cham just hit the 9 month old mark.

I use a bleach/water mix in a spray bottle. But I have also lined the bottom of the cage with paper towels. So I just remove the dirty paper towels, then spay the bottom with the mix then put new paper towels down. I takes me less than 3 minutes to do this. And the cage is all clean

Hope this helps:)

Hey hun73r are you going to the reptile show in couple of weeks?

So how often do most you guys deep clean the cage? Like get at the leaves of the plants and maybe wipe down/ replace the sticks/vines within?

Monthly. Or just when it needs it. Or any time I have my cham out for free range I go in and wipe down any areas that may need it. So I can move things around and it wont cause him stress if he is not there. But my cham never gets poo on any plants or sticks. He goes in one palce and it lands on the paper towel below. He is very clean.

Back
Top Bottom