Cleaning promist (PM-50)

Sara270

I purchased the PM-50 a month or two ago, since then I have gone through two nozzles and seemed to clog both. Bob suggested because it happened so fast that it is probably sediment and recommended a filter. A little more background: I am using Brita filtered H20, a 1-gallon plastic pitcher with a plastic lid as my reservoir, use only one nozzle at the top of the enclosure with the pump and reservoir on the ground below (housed outside).

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, if anyone has any recommendations on how to avoid it, the best way to clean the nozzle and the entire system, and if and how often people clean the entire system? I was thinking every 1-2 months I would use a weak bleach solution (1 part bleach to 32 H20) and running it through the system, then running through a gallon of clean water through and taking apart the nozzle cleaning and soaking in CRL. Your thoughts?

Also if your not already using one,use an inline filter before your pump:)

I am not sure what an "inline filter" is. I do have a Britta on the faucet head. Bob recommended an RO filter:

"We are just introducing a new portable RO filter that attaches directly to a faucet that will provide up to 15 gallons of treated water per day. Not only is this better for your misting system, but it will take almost all chemicals, bad taste, order and sediment out of your drinking and cooking water as well. Our Pro-Ro™ unit includes a new aerator that installs onto the faucet which uses a quick release devise to easily attach and remove the RO filter from the faucet. The unit is about 11” x 3” and sells for $99.95."

This seems like a lot of money and I was hoping to find a cheaper solution. Although, I love the promist and I am committed to getting it to work properly.

Are these TEFEN nozzles, if yes there are screens available for them. Possibly even that yours has one already..

Gosh, I must not be well informed. I am not sure what a "TEFEN nozzle" is either. I purchased the PM-MNH 90° nozzle and I am not sure if it came with a screen. I plan to disassemble the nozzle this evening and I will look for the screen. If not, I can go to the bong shop to pick one up. ;) In all seriousness, where can I purchase the screen if I don't have one?

Back
Top Bottom