Cleaning/General Maintenance

Kbomb

Hey guys/gals,

What are some recommended best practices when cleaning your chams enclosure? I make sure to spot clean any fecal matter/urates as soon as I see any, but I am not sure what to do in regards to cleaning his fake plants. The live ones I'm sure are fine decomposing it on their own, but I've never had to actually pull any plants out or move the cage up to this point. What should I do and how often when cleaning his cage? Currently I am spot cleaning daily and changing out his carpet every 3 days to try and avoid standing water at the bottom.

I would go bare bottom and rig up a simple drainage system for excess water.

I currently spot clean daily, and fully clean the floor pan weekly. Every week I'll remove dead leaves to keep the enclosure looking nice and the plants healthy.

For cleaning I wipe down the floor with just plain water to remove any dirty or build up. I then dilute some Dawn dish soap in water and scrub the floor pan and rinse with water.

I would go bare bottom and rig up a simple drainage system for excess water.

I currently spot clean daily, and fully clean the floor pan weekly. Every week I'll remove dead leaves to keep the enclosure looking nice and the plants healthy.

For cleaning I wipe down the floor with just plain water to remove any dirty or build up. I then dilute some Dawn dish soap in water and scrub the floor pan and rinse with water.
Ok, I'll try to elevate the floor a bit so i can install a drip pan. I like the carpet mainly because it does an excellent job absorbing/draining the water, and I can pull it out and run it through the wash once a week. As far as cleaning the plants, I just want to make sure I don't need to pull everything out of the cage and clean it. I clean the floor/carpet/future drip pan on a weekly basis or as needed. Its just the fake plants that may run into problems in the future. I'm considering buying another large plant, but I run into difficulty washing the soil off.

Hey guys/gals,

What are some recommended best practices when cleaning your chams enclosure? I make sure to spot clean any fecal matter/urates as soon as I see any, but I am not sure what to do in regards to cleaning his fake plants. The live ones I'm sure are fine decomposing it on their own, but I've never had to actually pull any plants out or move the cage up to this point. What should I do and how often when cleaning his cage? Currently I am spot cleaning daily and changing out his carpet every 3 days to try and avoid standing water at the bottom.
Hi hun this may be of help to you. I do agree totally with the bare floor if a cage is not done in a full bio active set up. Our blogs section has a plethora of fantastic info.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...tation-its-sexier-than-you-think-part-1.2362/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-2-weekly-cleaning.2363/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-3-deep-cleaning.2364/

Back
Top Bottom