Clea needs to go on a diet

Hello everyone, well Clea is overweight and i am not surprised. I fed her more then i should have when i first got her and before i joined the forums here and learned everything. Well i was thinking of putting her on a diet but not quite sure how. Can anyone help that has done this before for their chameleons?

Hello everyone, well Clea is overweight and i am not surprised. I fed her more then i should have when i first got her and before i joined the forums here and learned everything. Well i was thinking of putting her on a diet but not quite sure how. Can anyone help that has done this before for their chameleons?

Slowly reduce her food intake to 2-3 large feeders every other, or second day. I feed my females around 2-3 large crickets (or equivalent) about 3-4 times a week.

See ya,

Todd

I will be feeding 3 crickets on Monday, 3 crickets on Thursday, 3 crickets on Sunday and the next day(Monday) I will reduce it to 2 crickets as she ate 3 the day before. Is this good?

I will be feeding 3 crickets on Monday, 3 crickets on Thursday, 3 crickets on Sunday and the next day(Monday) I will reduce it to 2 crickets as she ate 3 the day before. Is this good?

I do Tues, Thurs & Sun. or you could do Mon. Wed. & Fri. I would not feed two days in a row.

I know that with Orcus he never knows when he will eat. He gets food on random days of the week, and sometimes he skips two days of food.

My Norman put himself on a diet. He will not eat Dubias very often anymore (and of course I have several thousand and growing), wont eat crickets, but will eat 2-3 hornworms or Superworms every other day. Superworms he is reluctant to eat, but hornworms are gone almost instantly:p

I can entice him all I want, but he wont eat until he is good and ready.

how much does she weigh? im curious because my female packed on a few pounds since her last vet visit and im wondering what overweight is considered.

how much does she weigh? im curious because my female packed on a few pounds since her last vet visit and im wondering what overweight is considered.

I dont have a scale but will get one from a neighbor of mine soon.

Overweight is when she looks like she ALWAYS has eggs but doesnt lol

im always constantly wondering if my female has eggs but whenever i take her to the vet shes clean as a whistle! not even follicles starting to grow. shes about 97 grams. ive been feeding her every other day too.

Back
Top Bottom