Clay work?

Raja

Okay so new plan I'm doing a background for my Maksim (Panther) I will be making it out of kitty litter/peat moss/ Eco earth i will plant vines, moss it will a big BG 17 W x 48H.... I was thinking of putting silicon on the pvc wall then the clay or should I do a PVC wall then spray foam then silicone then clay?

Okay so new plan I'm doing a background for my Maksim (Panther) I will be making it out of kitty litter/peat moss/ Eco earth i will plant vines, moss it will a big BG 17 W x 48H.... I was thinking of putting silicon on the pvc wall then the clay or should I do a PVC wall then spray foam then silicone then clay?

I don't think clay will hold up to being wet every day unless its fired. It will also be really heavy and may crack or break under its own weight. There are threads discussing making cage backgrounds but I don't think anyone used kitty litter or clay.

I don't think clay will hold up to being wet every day unless its fired. It will also be really heavy and may crack or break under its own weight. There are threads discussing making cage backgrounds but I don't think anyone used kitty litter or clay.

I remember a month ago some one made a clay background for there Panther but I don't remember what there name was I know people make them for there vivariums and they keep there's wet not soaking of course I was just trying to figure out what is there method or trick to it if I can't figure it out was think getting a cork bark background but not sure where to get a large piece like that

Have you thought about using spray foam, trimming the foam to a desired shape and then putting a thin layer (1/4 inch or so) of Quikrete over the foam to give it a rock look?

Back
Top Bottom