claiming on the mesh

MrTommy

Keeps claiming on the mesh! Going to the roof! Help
What have over people done to make there stop (XL reptibreeze)

There kinda a lot tho :L , and it is couse the basking bulb goes under neath that then he gonna burn :( !

Move your basking light off the cage top and it will not be a problem. All the young chams I have had climb the mesh and hang out on the room. Like previously stated, adding more vines will help immensely. Usually when mine rush up to the roof of their enclosure it is because they are scared and it is in their nature to try and climb to the highest branch ie the roof of the cage. Dont stress but dont let your cham get burned by the light. Take care of that asap.

I would hang the basking bulb so that the mesh does not get so hot. I also wired bird ladders to the side of the cage where my cham liked to "hang" to give him a better grip.

I have a clip on the basking dome so I can have it kinda hanging but the light will have to be on more? To make the basking area 84F so won't it still be to hot for him ?

if the bulb is raised off the top of the enclosure even 2-3 inches is better than having it sit on the cage. If by raising the light, your basking temp drops below 84 degrees, increase the wattage of the bulb

Back
Top Bottom