CJ Died

So sorry for loss. If you want to get back on the horse right away, Charles Yamaguchi is trying to find homes fore a large quantity of young panthers he rescued from a "breeding facility." I saw pictures of some of them and although they are most certainly some cross locality, many look very nice. You may want to talk to him. I know he is on the big chameleon facebook page and I think he is here on the forums too. Again sorry for your loss.
Thank you, any way I can contact him? I do have an egg in the incubator, so hopefully it hatches and I can have Panthers again. :(

I think I won't take risks, and throw everything in the enclosure out. Thank you everybody. I have talked to @jajeanpierre already. The last few days, he was acting different, I just didn't notice it. He had been hanging out in the bottom more recently, but he still basked, so I thought nothing about it. He also puffed up more when I tried to hold him, so I left him alone. I will try to get some photos tomorrow.

Again, I'm really sorry.

I wouldn't throw everything out. Maybe the plants but not the cage. You can do a pretty effective job cleaning the cage with chlorine bleach and hot water. Scrub all the corners.

Sadly, they die for reasons we don't always know nor will the best pathology shed any light. Sometimes you just don't know. Few things are really terribly contagious. I would throw everything if I thought it was something like yellow fungus or papillomas but he didn't present with any of those symptoms as far as I can tell.

Don't be afraid to get another animal. Pay close attention to the husbandry. Care sheets aren't all they are cracked up to be. Learn where they are from and how they live in the wild. Husbandry holds the key to good health. All the best. Again, sorry for your loss.

Again, I'm really sorry.

I wouldn't throw everything out. Maybe the plants but not the cage. You can do a pretty effective job cleaning the cage with chlorine bleach and hot water. Scrub all the corners.

Sadly, they die for reasons we don't always know nor will the best pathology shed any light. Sometimes you just don't know. Few things are really terribly contagious. I would throw everything if I thought it was something like yellow fungus or papillomas but he didn't present with any of those symptoms as far as I can tell.

Don't be afraid to get another animal. Pay close attention to the husbandry. Care sheets aren't all they are cracked up to be. Learn where they are from and how they live in the wild. Husbandry holds the key to good health. All the best. Again, sorry for your loss.
Thank you. I think I will keep the enclosure, and lighting fixtures, but throw the plants, branches, and vines out. I think I will get my Gracilior pair in January if you have any available.

Back
Top Bottom