Cin memorabilia

Texas Panther Man

I came across this old Cin T-shirt when I was cleaning out the closet. Anyone else out there still have one? Its still a cool shirt even as outdated as it is now. Brings back memories of the good old days before the internet and easily accessible answers were available for us. Anyways take a look and if theres any other old timers out there from the Cin hit me up us old geezers gotta stick together.....:D

Attachments

• updated pics 002.jpg
    updated pics 002.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 183
Up with vintage down with that lame crap they sell now a days in my generation. Ex: "candy collections" (pink and sparkly stuff designed for stick figure chicks).

Ha, I don't even remember that shirt. I'm an old geezer, too, though. Joined between issues 9 and 10. Somewhere around issue 12 there's a short blurb I wrote about hatching twin pardalis. As for memorabilia, I still have my print of the Dr. Pearl "Fifteen Chameleons" painting they used to sell on there although I got mine from The Vivarium which sold it first. Actually met Dr. Pearl at one of the shows....last year I think it was? Anyway, super nice guy. And no, there really wasn't a 15th chameleon. ;)

I like the vintage ads. Cost of some of the chameleons, some high some low. Rare Chamaelo calptratus

Last edited:
The ads....I wonder what the legality of scanning and posting some old pricelists from Uhern, Glades, West Coast Chameleon Farms, etc would be?

Was that veiled ad from Tremper?

The ads....I wonder what the legality of scanning and posting some old pricelists from Uhern, Glades, West Coast Chameleon Farms, etc would be?

Yes, and I think the price dropped to 150.00 by the next issue, and 100.00 by issue 10, 75.00 in issue 16

I heard the San Diego Zoo paid a whole lot more for their first breeding pair, before it was found out that veils are breeding machines.

LOL. I didn't remember it being quite that bad. He definitely made some money on them while it lasted!

I have got a couple of those shirts around somewhere I recall finding them after the move off the ranch. I still have got and am using the kitchen magnets of a female and male Nosy Be Panther. The female was awesome and phenomenally red.

Ha, I don't even remember that shirt. I'm an old geezer, too, though. Joined between issues 9 and 10. Somewhere around issue 12 there's a short blurb I wrote about hatching twin pardalis. As for memorabilia, I still have my print of the Dr. Pearl "Fifteen Chameleons" painting they used to sell on there although I got mine from The Vivarium which sold it first. Actually met Dr. Pearl at one of the shows....last year I think it was? Anyway, super nice guy. And no, there really wasn't a 15th chameleon. ;)

You people are making me feel ancient...I've got the "fifteen Chameleon" print also...#232...AND I too have the Madagascar video in VHS...both purchased from the old c.i.n.

You people are making me feel ancient...I've got the "fifteen Chameleon" print also...#232...AND I too have the Madagascar video in VHS...both purchased from the old c.i.n.

#134 ;) I converted the VHS to dvd a couple years ago to make sure I wouldn't destroy the tape.

I forgot about the magnet. I still use the panther chameleon coffee mug that changes color when heated. :cool:

Wow, I hadnt thought about those "mailed" pricelists in yrs. Remember, waiting for Glades and others to mail you price lists to see what everyone had. The internet really changed this hobby profoundly.

Glad a few of old timers could talk about the "good old days". lol

Oh Yeah, Kent. I think i joined about issue 15-16 somewhere around there. So your an even older geezer than me. lol

Does anyone ever see/talk to Ardi anymore? I know she's out of the hobby completely just wondered if she's still around?

Yes CIN brings back special memories :cool:, I could not wait for each issue to arrive. Had a T-Shirt but some x girlfriend or x wife must have snagged it :mad:!!! I was a member in the mid 90's through 2001, darn that makes me feel old. I still enjoy reading through old Newsletters and the classic vintage classified section. I have almost every CIN issue#1 thru 20001 including most of The Vivarium. Anyway, "Hello & nice to see some X members on this forum". :D BTW, I was a Jackson X guy during my CIN years but now have a 1.1 pair of T. deremensis free ranging. Will be posting picks this weekend of the new kids & my new cage build thats just about complete. I do have pics posted in my album of my 90's Jackson display cage when VHO Vita-lights were all the rage if anyone wants to take a look!

Is it Friday yet??????????

See ya around.........Dave

....Remember, waiting for Glades and others to mail you price lists to see what everyone had. The internet really changed this hobby profoundly.

Yep, it was definitely a different time. I used to LOVE hearing the words "Madagascar is coming in on...." It used to have a whole different meaning back then! The shows! Reptile Specialties and Sticky Tongue were importing direct from Maddy and would time shipments around shows. *Sigh* If only it made financial sense for someone to pay for population studies....

So your an even older geezer than me. lol

Thanks. :(

Does anyone ever see/talk to Ardi anymore? I know she's out of the hobby completely just wondered if she's still around?

Although I would still consider Ardi a personal friend, I haven't talked to her in maybe 6 years. After she became so anti-captivity for chameleons it became difficult to talk to her without feeling guilty. I think the last time I went up to her house it was after the Chameleons of Madagascar dvd was released and she still had a few parsonii, globifer, and Willy the Furcifer willsii imported before the suspension. They were all imported as adults and were at 10 years in captivity!

Flash- Good to see another geezer on here and can't wait to see the pics. Vita-Lites! The very best you can give your chameleons....in 1991! :)

Its kind of to bad that we probably won't see any of these journals reprinted. It would definately be a through back to another time. This new batch of keepers would actually have the opertunity to read a paper back journal which would be neat.

Back
Top Bottom