CIN magazins

Niels Pedersen

Established Member
Hi people

Does any of you own the old CIN magazins or do you know if it is possible to buy them?

Thanks
Niels Pedersen

I don't believe you'll be able to purchase anything from the last editor of the CIN as she's now against the keeping of any Chamaeleonidae in captivity.

I'm only missing maybe one or two editions of the journal since #9 which was the first to have articles, rather than just a contact list. Whatcha lookin for?

sounds crazy, but im really looking for them all.
Have you any idea how many they have made?
A friend of mine was about to buy them all as pdf files, but when he was about to pay, she never wrote back.
Is she against keeping chameleons:confused:

I'm not at home, where they are, but I believe they got up to issue 44 or something? So, probably about 35 of those are worth having for the articles.

Was it Ardi Abate selling .pdf's? There are some fantastic species profiles, among other articles, that would be a shame to lose to the hobby. Hopefully she'll sell them to your friend. And yes, after spending many many years, hours upon hours, counseling people who were killing their chameleons, she finally had enough and decided that this family of reptiles, because of their advanced requirements and extremely high import mortality rates are not suitable to be kept as reptile "pets."

im really not sure what her name was!?
yes, a lot of good info and many books use these articles as reference.
yes sadly many chameleons die, but a lot of people ill-treat their reptiles, chams are just more vulnerable.
Thanks for the info mate
If its possible for me to buy your anticles in Any way, send me a pm.
Thanks

Niels

Hey Niels

I have every copy, although I'd have to count to confirm how many there were. Not selling them though, and am prohibited from copying them for wide distribution, although I could scan an article or two if you knew ones you had interest in.

Back in the day, Ardi was always an enormous help, and gave much of her time freely.

Thanks for chiming in, Jim. I totally echo your comments on Ardi, it's a shame how her reputation and intentions have been twisted in recent years. No matter what our opinions on the chameleon trade, she's an extremely generous person whom I still consider a personal friend.

Niels, sorry my collection isn't going to be for sale either but I'd be happy to scan a few for your use as well, if needed.

Thank you, both of you. Let me get back to you on what articles you might scan for me, as it would be a huge help.
Niels

Sorry, it was the Journal of the Chameleon Information Network. The CiN started in southern California as a contact list with names, phone numbers, and species people had experience with that was started in...well, I'm not sure when. I joined at issue 9 which was the first to contain articles. I'm guessing that was around '91 or '92. The journal was published quarterly (usually) up until just a few years ago and featured articles on vet care, nutrition, expeditions, husbandry, etc, plus my favorite, the species profiles. It was kind of like the hard copy predecessor of www.chameleonnews.com which also edited by one of the later editors of the CiN. They also put out a VHS of their first trip to Madagascar looking primarily for panthers and also the Chameleons of Madagascar dvd that is available (and excellent) in our very own book store: https://www.chameleonforums.com/bookstore/chameleons-madagascar-dvd/

Back
Top Bottom