Christmas Surprise

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Well, sorta. Even though the eggs went the distance I really thought they were infertile due to their odd elongate shape. Instead of them being full of that yellow goop stuff this is the first time I've hatched this species. :)

DSC_1831.jpg

"Little help here?"
DSC_1846.jpg

Yea I'll snap one tomorrow. They have the same elongated shape though, and I thought the same thing about them being infertile.

That just isn't right! I never guess right. I would guess wrong on my babies if I didn't know what they were. I am going to quit guessing, but then, I always say that.:eek:

Thanks everyone! It's still just the first two babies but looks like some more are starting to hatch. Their mother was a very weakened import stuffed full of eggs that I stumbled across at a pet store. I put her in a laying bin, watered her, and she started digging immediately. I found her deceased in the laying bin right above where she had laid and covered her eggs.

Judging by the size of the mother and the group she was with I'm pretty sure these are Chamaeleo dilepis dilepis.

No worries on the pic, Danny. You answered what I was wondering about. Best of luck with your clutch!

Back
Top Bottom