Christmas Hatchlings

Oh my gosh!

Oh my gosh! I am just catching up after being off the internet for a few days. I just saw these pictures. They are soooooooo cute! Congratulations! How are you getting anything else done? I would be sitting and watching them all day. I wish you could do a video of them. I need to figure out what to get to do that. Videos would be one step up in sharing. Keep us posted :)

Oh my gosh! I am just catching up after being off the internet for a few days. I just saw these pictures. They are soooooooo cute! Congratulations! How are you getting anything else done? I would be sitting and watching them all day. I wish you could do a video of them. I need to figure out what to get to do that. Videos would be one step up in sharing. Keep us posted :)

I'm going to try and get a video of the little ones eating. We'll see.

Thanks for the lovely comments guys! I'm thrilled with them, oh, and there's 43 out now.

Congrats good luck letting them go, it's going to be hard don't you wish you could keep every single one of them? :p

Oh I'm not going to have a problem. There's 48 now, 2 still pipping, I know I don't need 50 Veileds! I'm holding 5-8 back, and that's it! The rest can go when they're a couple months old! :D

50 hatchlings....Oh My :)

Congratulations on all those little ones. You have some major feeding ahead of you until you are able to part with some of them. What are you keeping them in? We need pictures of them in their enclosure(s). Watching them walk and explore for the first time must be a blast to watch :)

Congratulations on all those little ones. You have some major feeding ahead of you until you are able to part with some of them. What are you keeping them in? We need pictures of them in their enclosure(s). Watching them walk and explore for the first time must be a blast to watch :)

Oh yes, the feeding is crazy. But nothing unusual here. This is just an extended season for me here is all. We've been feeding baby beardies, geckos, and snakes all year. I don't mind the feeding. Plus, I love watching it.
I'm keeping them in Serilite tubs, bare bottom, lots of foliage, but not enough for them to get lost and not find food, they have a repti-sun 5.0, lots of water, etc etc etc. I'll post pictures in the next little while here. Oh, and there's about 15 in each bin for now (The bins are quite a good size). I'm going to keep separating them too.

When I get motivated I'll take some pictures of the baby bins. Oh, and there's 50 out now! :D

They are just kid. How do you distinguish male from female?
How many temperature and humidity did you set on hatching.
Thanks

They are just kid. How do you distinguish male from female?
How many temperature and humidity did you set on hatching.
Thanks

The males have a small spur at the back of their hind foot. Very very tiny spur when they're this young, but it's there. Still, I'm not sure if I was 100% on sexing them!! The temps and humidity were whatever my house is for incubating. Which ranged in the 70's in the day, really not that much of a difference in night temps either. But mid 70's seemed to do the trick. And I'm thinking that these ones took 7 1/2 months because the eggs were only 25 days into gestation when they had to be removed from her, so I don't think they were fully developed at that time. It took a bit longer, but I'm okay with that.

Back
Top Bottom