chlorox anywhere

its very diluted bleach...you can make your own much cheaper. I would still rinse it off since it hasnt been tested with chameleons.

I have been using it for the last 2 months or so. I think it works great. It is just very dilluted bleach, but I hate working with straight bleach. Fortunatly my mom had like 3 bottles lying around the house so I didn't have to buy any :) But I spray it onto what I want cleaned, let it sit a few minutes, and the wash it off with hot water. I have had no problems yet!! (hopefully this isn't a knock-on-wood situation)

Howdy,

As was mentioned, save your loot and just mix your own. The MSDS sheet shows that the main ingredients are bleach with a dash of hydrochloric acid. They probably add a little bit of a detergent to break-up surface tension etc. Regular household bleach is 6.0% (super strong) and most recommend diluting it 10:1 water:bleach. The "Clorox Anywhere" product is diluted closer to 1000:1 so if you want to make something like it just mix 1000 gallons of water with 1 gallon of bleach :). When I use bleach, I usually use it at 10:1 dilution but be careful, it'll ruin clothing if you get that strength on it. I also use Nolvasan, which is very safe to use when diluted properly.

MSDS:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/msds/668839.pdf

Remember to mix your diluted bleach solution on a regular basis.. the hydrochloric acid evaporates over time . Also , dont mix it any stronger than 10:1 water/household bleach. Stronger is not better; you can only kill bacteria once... stronger only increases its carcinogenic potential , not its efficacy.

i dont have time to make the mix its faster if i just buy a bottle.
if i had the time i would make it.plus i dont want to get bottles mixed up the bottle its in is labeled so i dont get them mixed up with something else

i dont have time to make the mix its faster if i just buy a bottle.
if i had the time i would make it.plus i dont want to get bottles mixed up the bottle its in is labeled so i dont get them mixed up with something else

Ok buy one bottle then keep the bottle and use it to mix each batch after...it will be cheaper and better for the environment if you dont keep buying individual bottles.

Howdy All,

I'm normally not one to resurrect acient threads but I was talking with a neighbor's chemist-relative who was in town visiting. We got to talking about, what else?, killing parasites :eek:. Although he didn't have specific info on killing parasites I did find out something new about killing bacteria etc. :).

It turns out that he was one of the chemists consulted on the development of the product mentioned in the original title of this thread: "Clorox Anywhere". He said that the combination of chemicals and buffers along with a very weak solution of bleach actually was more effective at killing microorganisms than bleach alone. This allowed them to "tune" the chemistry to have excellent killing characteristics while still maintaining a "human-friendly" and likely chameleon-friendly level of noxiousness :). So for those of you who want to kill-off microorganisms, including salmonella, Clorox Anywhere should be safe and effective. Remember: don't bet on it to kill any parasites. Many of those are really tough to kill :(.

http://www.clorox.com/products/overview.php?prod_id=ahsds

Back
Top Bottom