Chins and Ferrets

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
One of my friends has 3 ferrets and her family wants to get 2 male chinchillas, if they are on opposite sides of the room with a divider in the way of their visions would it be ok? I know that ferrets are “born hunters” and it will definitely not end well for the chin if they come in contact but if they never come in contact, would that be ok? They would only be able to smell each other and see each other when one or the other is out playing. We don’t know much about Chins and are doing research, but please let us know!

Honestly I think they are nuts... Ferrets are actually used to hunt rodents and even rabbits they are quick and can compress their bodies down to fit into small areas and spaces. While their eye site is not the best their sense of smell is. To have these in the same room is crazy... Natural predator and prey reaction will happen.

I know that ferrets are “born hunters” and it will definitely not end well for the chin if they come in contact but if they never come in contact, would that be ok?
You just said "it will definitely not end well for the chin if they come in contact," so what are you thinking?

Ferrets are not only born hunters, they're also born escape artists. That goes for breaking IN to cages as well as breaking OUT of them. They won't smell another animal; they'll smell FREE LUNCH!

Back
Top Bottom