chinese water dragon

TylerMcCoy

whenever i give my water dragon crickets.. he usually just stares at it and sometimes lets the crickets crawl all over him... whats the deal... is this normal.. or is my dragon a retard

My water dragon rarely ate crickets-in fact getting him to eat anything was a pain in the butt. After I moved him outside in the heat and humidity he started eating Supers and crickets.

How old is he, and how often do you feed him?
My 1 year old eats every other day almost right away...he will only eat crickets and superworms, but he doesn't seem to prefer one over the other.
They really don't need to eat as much as other lizards because there matabolism is slower if you have a picture its easy to tell wether not he has a eating problem

eb58faada6af4247823ac5a6804fa4a6

hes about four months old

You don't have to feed him twice a day, there good with just one meal he probably isn't hungry by the second feeding

If the temperature in the cage/basking area is too cool it won't be able to digest its food. If the insects you are using are too big then it won't be eating as much as it should. 8 to 12 appropriately sized insects a day should be fine at that age.

Do you give it any greens or veggies? What do you gutload the insects with? Do you supplement/dust the insects? With what and how often for each?

Back
Top Bottom