Check up

Quick little check up on my baby Chamy.

20190702_112428.jpg 20190702_112503.jpg 20190702_112515.jpg

Did you get the lighting, supplements, and cage that you were told to get? She is super cute.
I have the lightings and supplements. The only thing missing is the 16x16x30 cage I ordered which comes in like 3 days. Im just happy people were wrong(reddit) They told me she would die by July 2nd. Welp. It's July 2nd and if I can get your affirmation on whether she's healthy, then I'm happy

I have the lightings and supplements. The only thing missing is the 16x16x30 cage I ordered which comes in like 3 days. Im just happy people were wrong(reddit) They told me she would die by July 2nd. Welp. It's July 2nd and if I can get your affirmation on whether she's healthy, then I'm happy
honey I can't tell you she is healthy. The little critter keeper she is in is not doing her any favors... She is at a high risk for developing a respiratory infection. This is internal and they tend not to show signs until they are going down hill. Honestly I am surprised she is still alive. She looks hydrated and ok from the outside but Chams are very very very good at hiding illness. They do this so they don't get picked off in the wild.

honey I can't tell you she is healthy. The little critter keeper she is in is not doing her any favors... She is at a high risk for developing a respiratory infection. This is internal and they tend not to show signs until they are going down hill. Honestly I am surprised she is still alive. She looks hydrated and ok from the outside but Chams are very very very good at hiding illness. They do this so they don't get picked off in the wild.
I realize. She doesn't get good airflow while inside that so I take her out for 30 minutes to an hour 3 times a day maybe at her consent and mist her while out, since humidity is higher in her cage. I do this as a substitute for the mesh cage until july 5th. She ates lerfectly fine and drinks water as she needs to. But I do realize the longer she is in that, the worst. But sadly I can't really do anything to speed up amazon. :(

I realize. She doesn't get good airflow while inside that so I take her out for 30 minutes to an hour 3 times a day maybe at her consent and mist her while out, since humidity is higher in her cage. I do this as a substitute for the mesh cage until july 5th. She ates lerfectly fine and drinks water as she needs to. But I do realize the longer she is in that, the worst. But sadly I can't really do anything to speed up amazon. :(
Careful with taking her out too much... She is so very fragile at this age. They also do not like being misted directly and if she starts to shed you can not mist her directly at all or the shed will stick to her and not come off properly. How much is she eating?

She looks healthy but the vet will know best. Keep an eye on the humidity and temp very close. Is there no store near by that you can get the cage sooner?
I already ordered online. And the cages are too big for her age. I have a hygtometer and thermometer to measure everything and iv'e jept the humidity between 50 at night and 60 or 70 mid day to dusk. Her basking temperature is 83 or 82 and the colling temperature is around 76 77

Careful with taking her out too much... She is so very fragile at this age. They also do not like being misted directly and if she starts to shed you can not mist her directly at all or the shed will stick to her and not come off properly. How much is she eating?
She eats as much as she can. And I don't mist her directly. When she's in her enclosure I mist to the area next to her or the little bars on the top of her cage. Water droplets fall from there and she drinks. When she's out I mist her by aiming above her and letting it fall gently on her. If she moves away I stop. If she opens her mouth and leaves it open, I put her back, but this only happened once where I took her out and didn't realize that an open mouth means she's uncomfortable.

You can get the adult cage now. You don't need grow up cages. You can either block off part of it if your worried about the size or just let them enjoy the whole thing.

Look up chameleon breeder podcasts and he talks about caging and how you can go straight to the adult cage. Honestly that's better then a keeper. No offense just trying to help.

I already ordered online. And the cages are too big for her age. I have a hygtometer and thermometer to measure everything and iv'e jept the humidity between 50 at night and 60 or 70 mid day to dusk. Her basking temperature is 83 or 82 and the colling temperature is around 76 77
In all honesty there's no such thing as a cage that's too big for a chameleon. There is only a enclosure too big for the keeper. Meaning you loose your chameleon because it's soo small and the cage is so big. Or you can't monitor food consumption either. There are work around for all of this.

She eats as much as she can. And I don't mist her directly. When she's in her enclosure I mist to the area next to her or the little bars on the top of her cage. Water droplets fall from there and she drinks. When she's out I mist her by aiming above her and letting it fall gently on her. If she moves away I stop. If she opens her mouth and leaves it open, I put her back, but this only happened once where I took her out and didn't realize that an open mouth means she's uncomfortable.
Right hun... But how many and what is she eating... This is important. :)

When mine were babies (female still does) they would eat about 20 appropriate sized crickets. I would keep them available 24/7 and keep track of how many and how fast they would go through them. Make sure they are gutloaded properly as this stage of life is critical to the rest of their life. If they grow like crap now your in for a short life or a lot of medical bills.

You can get the adult cage now. You don't need grow up cages. You can either block off part of it if your worried about the size or just let them enjoy the whole thing.

Look up chameleon breeder podcasts and he talks about caging and how you can go straight to the adult cage. Honestly that's better then a keeper. No offense just trying to help.
I understand. The only thing is that the reptibreeze cage is already on shipping. And I don't know about paying 80 extra dollars for a cage that has everything I already ordered and delivered. Plus I have thought about closing off a part of it but I was reading a forum and they talked about how they did just that and it didn't work. Plus I doubt my mom would let me do all that just because I can't wait 3 days.

I understand. The only thing is that the reptibreeze cage is already on shipping. And I don't know about paying 80 extra dollars for a cage that has everything I already ordered and delivered. Plus I have thought about closing off a part of it but I was reading a forum and they talked about how they did just that and it didn't work. Plus I doubt my mom would let me do all that just because I can't wait 3 days.

Ok fair enough. Like I said I just wanted to help. For me I didn't want to waste money on grow up cages. Any healthy chameleon is built to hunt for food. In the wild they would all die if they needed a small area with supplied food.

Right hun... But how many and what is she eating... This is important. :)
I try to vary her diet. Im feeding ger gutloaded crickets. I put 5 at a time with the calcium powder and let her work out how much she wants. The other day there was a bunch of gnats and we had to bring her inside. There were around 40 in her keeper. And we let her eat that. She ate them all. The other day I gave her guyloaded moths. She loved them.

Ok fair enough. Like I said I just wanted to help. For me I didn't want to waste money on grow up cages. Any healthy chameleon is built to hunt for food. In the wild they would all die if they needed a small area with supplied food.
That makes sense. I appreciate it either way. Thank you

I try to vary her diet. Im feeding ger gutloaded crickets. I put 5 at a time with the calcium powder and let her work out how much she wants. The other day there was a bunch of gnats and we had to bring her inside. There were around 40 in her keeper. And we let her eat that. She ate them all. The other day I gave her guyloaded moths. She loved them.
Ok so when you give her crickets... how many total in the day hun?

Ok so when you give her crickets... how many total in the day hun?
Like I said, I let her choose. I put in 5 at a time. She usually eats somewhere between 3 and 5 so I don't really have to put seconds. Of course I only had her for around 5 days and I've only fed her crickets the first 3 days and she didn't eat for the 2nd day. I'm getting crickets again today amd I'll come back after that.

Like I said, I let her choose. I put in 5 at a time. She usually eats somewhere between 3 and 5 so I don't really have to put seconds. Of course I only had her for around 5 days and I've only fed her crickets the first 3 days and she didn't eat for the 2nd day. I'm getting crickets again today amd I'll come back after that.
Ok this is why I am asking hun... 3-5 crickets is no where near enough for a baby.... she should be eating as many as she wants. 20 pinhead crickets a day even...

Back
Top Bottom