CHECK OUT MY NEW ENCLOSURE

Hey guys! I just wanted to post my current enclosure set up for my new baby Elio-Costello!
All plants are real, also all of them (except for the small croton and hibiscus tree) are hung in a double pot system by branches on my dragon ledges.
All plants were hand washed in soapy water and repotted in organic soil. The ones on the bottom have river rocks covering the soil as well!
Inside are 3 orchids, a hibiscus, 3 crotons, 3 creeping Jenny’s and 3 pathos plants! I hope I can keep them all alive and well 😅

Attachments

• 33F765E0-48D9-4132-AA1A-204528A1FAFA.jpeg
    33F765E0-48D9-4132-AA1A-204528A1FAFA.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 02144C38-8A0C-4FC0-A902-CD8B84FE0612.jpeg
    02144C38-8A0C-4FC0-A902-CD8B84FE0612.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 202
I need another cup of coffee--- :coffee:(y) was admiring the enclosure and notice the gems.. I am like " cool add a few for decoration" (abstract stuff). Then I notice there was a finger and a hand in the picture.. Nice jewels:cool:

That looks awesome to me, I’m no expert at this type of stuff but this is definitely way fancier and presentable than my enclosure lol. I have to say it looks absolutely Stunning. I’m sure that your new pet will love it 👍
Thank you!! He seems to be enjoying all of the vines to climb 😂 I had a lot of time between getting the enclosure and actually getting the chameleon so I was able to really work at it.

I need another cup of coffee--- :coffee:(y) was admiring the enclosure and notice the gems.. I am like " cool add a few for decoration" (abstract stuff). Then I notice there was a finger and a hand in the picture.. Nice jewels:cool:
It’s funny you say that because I was thinking of adding a crystal slice wind chime for decor 😂 it def needs more crystals! Also thank you 😊

Oooo I loveeeee! That actually looks so good. What are the dangling bright green plants? They're beautiful. ♡
Thanks! And yes those are the creeping Jenny’s! I love them because they’re super cheap but they really look good AND he has been climbing them too! So they are pretty and functional. Great coverage, too!

Looking good. Where is your uvb positioned? I see tons of plants but not many branches that are unobstructed by plants. Make sure you have the uvb positioned so there is clear line to the branch at the correct distance for your species.
I have my light positioned diagonally across the top of the enclosure. In the far right top corner there is a basking branch and beneath there are branches behind the plants. He has been spending a lot of time towards the front of the enclosure on the plant vines. Not sure if the branches are too big or he just prefers the plants right now! Do you think I should move some of the vines over to have less coverage on the branches?

I have my light positioned diagonally across the top of the enclosure. In the far right top corner there is a basking branch and beneath there are branches behind the plants. He has been spending a lot of time towards the front of the enclosure on the plant vines. Not sure if the branches are too big or he just prefers the plants right now! Do you think I should move some of the vines over to have less coverage on the branches?
So typically you want a portion of the top where the heat and UVB is to be unobstructed by plants. So that there is clear access to both UVB and heat. While heat will penetrate plants for the most part it will kill them off. But with UVB it will not penetrate the plants. So you end up with virtually no UVB below the leaves. If he is spending more time below the UVB on the plants this says that he is going for the UVB so placing more branches or cham friendly fake vines below the UVB at the proper distance would be a good idea. Not sure what UVB fixture type and bulb strength your using but this is how we know distance for the specific species.

My UVB meter is coming in today so hopefully this will help as well! Perhaps some higher branches above the plants also.

Which lighting? If not powerful plant bulbs or very bright windows, the croton and hibiscus will struggle. Good job though, just wanted to warn you incase you weren't aware.

So typically you want a portion of the top where the heat and UVB is to be unobstructed by plants. So that there is clear access to both UVB and heat. While heat will penetrate plants for the most part it will kill them off. But with UVB it will not penetrate the plants. So you end up with virtually no UVB below the leaves. If he is spending more time below the UVB on the plants this says that he is going for the UVB so placing more branches or cham friendly fake vines below the UVB at the proper distance would be a good idea. Not sure what UVB fixture type and bulb strength your using but this is how we know distance for the specific species.
Which lighting? If not powerful plant bulbs or very bright windows, the croton and hibiscus will struggle. Good job though, just wanted to warn you incase you weren't aware.
I have a jungle dawn Arcadia LED bar and two additional smaller LED lights at the top as well! All of the plants definitely need lots of light; I’m on my second hibiscus 😅

Back
Top Bottom