Cheap mist

JackRipper

Avid Member
Has anyone tried one of these eBay knock off mistkings? I found a suitable timer for 10 bucks but I think my smart plug might be just as efficient.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-220807.png
    Screenshot_20191203-220807.png
    271 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20191203-221123.png
    Screenshot_20191203-221123.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 125
I use that plug, because its appliance rated and 3 prong so i wont die. That patio system uses hose pressure, i tip my hat if you have running water in the chameleon room.

I haven’t tried one, but I looks like a diaphragm pump just like mistking, and for $40, I’d give it a try. Let me know how it works.

I haven’t tried one, but I looks like a diaphragm pump just like mistking, and for $40, I’d give it a try. Let me know how it works.

Yea but its a cheapo booster pump, so it boosts line pressure like 40psi. a Mist king is a $100 pump and a bunch of plastic.

I use that plug, because its appliance rated and 3 prong so i wont die. That patio system uses hose pressure, i tip my hat if you have running water in the chameleon room.

In the product description it says that the pump is a high pressure 12v diaphragm pump I forget the wattage but it's very similar to the mist king diaphragm pump and the cheapo one I use. It does say booster in the description and shows hose fittings on the tubing to tho wich is confusing and probably why the seller has only sold 1 lol

In the product description it says that the pump is a high pressure 12v diaphragm pump I forget the wattage but it's very similar to the mist king diaphragm pump and the cheapo one I use. It does say booster in the description and shows hose fittings on the tubing to tho wich is confusing and probably why the seller has only sold 1 lol

It will boost, but when OEM price of the mistking is $100, and this whole thing is sold at profit for $50, you have to wonder. I think its a true booster pump (aka when line pressure isnt enought to push water through a reverse osmosis tank) and will not boost to the full psi of a mistking or other highly rated pump.

Now what you could do is buy a used booster pump from an old reverse, and then just buy the $10-20 in fittings/hoses/nozzles. thats what i did when my pump fell into the bucket and killed itself. "Aquatec" is the gold standard, so if you can find a broke reverse system with a good pump...

It will boost, but when OEM price of the mistking is $100, and this whole thing is sold at profit for $50, you have to wonder. I think its a true booster pump (aka when line pressure isnt enought to push water through a reverse osmosis tank) and will not boost to the full psi of a mistking or other highly rated pump.

Now what you could do is buy a used booster pump from an old reverse, and then just buy the $10-20 in fittings/hoses/nozzles. thats what i did when my pump fell into the bucket and killed itself. "Aquatec" is the gold standard, so if you can find a broke reverse system with a good pump...

Ive always had the "You get what you pay for" mentality as-well. I got lucky with my 15 dollar diaphragm pump there were others cheaper for 12 bucks but I won't buy cheaper than 15 lol jk it shipped from China I only buy online American. I don't use the expensive brass heads tho so it may have issues with forcing water thru those tiny holes. It does great with your standard adjustable plastic tips. Lots of pressure and fairly quiet.

Ive always had the "You get what you pay for" mentality as-well. I got lucky with my 15 dollar diaphragm pump there were others cheaper for 12 bucks but I won't buy cheaper than 15 lol jk it shipped from China I only buy online American. I don't use the expensive brass heads tho so it may have issues with forcing water thru those tiny holes. It does great with your standard adjustable plastic tips. Lots of pressure and fairly quiet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom