Cheap Custom Free-Range Enclosure

Forest Gump

Using bamboo and climbing rope with some zip ties... you can make a variety of chameleon climbing setups. Here is a version of a lean-to for my Veiled Chameleon.
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00348.JPG
DSC00349.JPG
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00351.JPG
DSC00352.JPG
DSC00353.JPG
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00348.JPG
DSC00349.JPG
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00351.JPG
DSC00352.JPG
DSC00353.JPG

no cage
He just stays in his corner, and does just fine. I take him outside once a day to chill with me by the pool, that's about it.

I’d be to scared to get him with the door, or wake up fast in the night and step on him if he’s randomly roaming. My female got out one time I found her on the other side of the room on the Jacksons cage I looked for hours befor I found her. when they want to go they go haha

He stays in his corner of the room, and I shut the door when I am not in the room, so he is safe and doesn't get too lost in the house.

I would slowly open the door with your pinky every time you come in so he don’t get rolled under the door he’s eventually goin to see the way out of that room is through the doori just hope he never waits behind the door when your out of the room

Here are some pictures of him outside today. Not the best weather right now in Jacksonville, Florida - but he enjoys climbing on the trees and exploring the yard.
fullsizeoutput_d0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d3.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_d4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d4.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00314.JPG
    DSC00314.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 124
  • fullsizeoutput_db.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_db.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 110
  • fullsizeoutput_de.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_de.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 83
  • fullsizeoutput_e1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e1.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 125
  • fullsizeoutput_e3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e3.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 93
I open it slowly every time. He would venture out around the room the first year, but now he seems to just stay in his corner about 99% of the time. I spend a lot of time with him. A LOT! He stays in that area. I have had him for almost 2 years now, my first reptile pet. The worst lesson I had was with that dang heat lamp, it was too close to him in the beginning and it hurt him, but I won't ever let that happen again.

Back
Top Bottom