Charlotte Chameleon loving life into her older years

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just realised Charlotte is approaching her 3rd hatchday in 1 month. Just reminds me they are short lived creatures and need to make the most of this short summer in UK.

PXL_20230201_195732167.jpg

Anyone else feel guilty sometimes for keeping them captive their entire lives 😔
Feel a good spoiling is in order to celebrate her birthday and make me feel better about forcing her destiny

Happy early hatchday to your gorgeous girly! My sweet boy just turned one.

Can’t necessarily say I don’t feel guilty, but taking into consideration how much love and care we give them, makes me feel a bit better lol.

Just realised Charlotte is approaching her 3rd hatchday in 1 month. Just reminds me they are short lived creatures and need to make the most of this short summer in UK.

View attachment 334445

Anyone else feel guilty sometimes for keeping them captive their entire lives 😔
Feel a good spoiling is in order to celebrate her birthday and make me feel better about forcing her destiny

I always feel that in the wild they would be loaded with parasites, starving much of the time, stressed about predation, at the mercy of extreme weather, and very few happy go lucky days. You have spared her all of this.

Happy early hatchday to your gorgeous girly! My sweet boy just turned one.

Can’t necessarily say I don’t feel guilty, but taking into consideration how much love and care we give them, makes me feel a bit better lol.
I've had to compromise her environment slightly lately with having a baby in house heating bis on 24/7 so guess my guilt is born out of this.

Still try to keep her perimeters acceptable mind just not getting best drops at night.

Happy hatch day to your beautiful peachy princess! Hoping for at least another three years together.💗
Yes and more 🤞

just not taking it for granted though.
Our miserable winters here, got make sure I make time for a good few sun soaks this year that's for sure see if I can get her cyan spots on😁.

Haven't dug up her last clutch but the 3 previous have been under 20 eggs as low as a dozen so hopefully this will help her into longevity .

I always feel that in the wild they would be loaded with parasites, starving much of the time, stressed about predation, at the mercy of extreme weather, and very few happy go lucky days. You have spared her all of this.
Yes this is what I'm also telling myself too on the flip side they have 3 little terrors in my children making a racket all the time 😅

Ditto. I also feel no guilt for the captive animals in manicipal zoos across the nation as the animals there are prority one. They never have to hunt or stress about when the next meal will come, it's guaranteed! And vet care is top notch so captive longevity will usually surpass the average life span in the wild. However, "game farms" are much different and I do feel bad for those captive wildlife.

Ditto. I also feel no guilt for the captive animals in manicipal zoos across the nation as the animals there are prority one. They never have to hunt or stress about when the next meal will come, it's guaranteed! And vet care is top notch so captive longevity will usually surpass the average life span in the wild. However, "game farms" are much different and I do feel bad for those captive wildlife.
Yeah that is certainly the dark side of the hobby.
I actually work at a mini zoo aquarium, so see first hand the care that goes into at least BIAZA registered captive animals in everything from diet to enrichment thought through and delivered.

such a beauty and sweetheart, since my own peachy princess I just love female panthers. Your Charlotte is beautiful and like @dinomom said, we spare them for lots of nasty things, if we provide them in there needs (like you did 🤗) Hopefully many hatch days will follow💚

Back
Top Bottom