Charlie gets vet! Today!

skully23

My last thread on Charlie was, https://www.chameleonforums.com/charlie-dying-45256/

Since then I did risk going camping and leaving him home. Since I did that his color has gotten better and he can move most of his legs again.

He will take in some water and I have tried holding a mealworm up to him but he won't take it.

So I finally got the help and he is going to the vet today at 2:45pm. :D

I hope he is well enough to help because he seems to be getting better!
Wish me luck:)

It's good that you took him to the vet, but it showed a lack of maturity that you left an animal in that bad of condition to go have a fun time camping. When you own an animal, its life is pretty much in your hands. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic, you should have taken care of this as soon as it happened. But good look to Charlie, I hope all is well.

It's good that you took him to the vet, but it showed a lack of maturity that you left an animal in that bad of condition to go have a fun time camping. When you own an animal, its life is pretty much in your hands. I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic, you should have taken care of this as soon as it happened. But good look to Charlie, I hope all is well.

I couldn't. I had no money and it was last minute. All the vets were closed by the time I called. I worried for him but he has become better.. Atleast he gets a vet and he has gained strength back..but thanks.

Good news

I just got back from the Vet and he basically said he isn't dying. He felt for impaction and stuff and asked how my setup was.

He said the main reason he is acting like he is, is because I totally cleaned out the cage and that he began shedding. He said the shedding can cause them to completely lower their metabalism enough to almost hibernate.

Doesn't make much sense to me tho cause I told him that he has never acted like that when shedding. So he said it's probably because I totally cleaned his cage out to where he doesn't sense the surrondings.

But I have to keep dripping water on the end of his mouth like I have been so he will stimulate to drink and to try to force feed a meal worm. I have to call back wednsday to let him know how everything is.

So he isn't dying but he is alright for now.
Thanks to all who worried and (thank god I risked it..to those who say I didn't have maturity and did something wrong..)

wax worms are high in fat
and usually low in good nutrition
I would limit to a minimum on those......
...... unless you gutload them

I love feeding my chams silkworms cause when they munch 'em it looks like a kid eating cotton cany -soft & chewy, I swear I can almost see them smiling:)

---and it is easy to have them delivered to the house, if I can I get the pods because they seem to live longer with less work.

Silkworms are great feeders and way better than waxworms! Just make sure you add something with a hard shell in their diet so his poop won't be runny.

Back
Top Bottom