Changing behaviors, fluctuating fat pads in the crest, and possibilities with lowering stress with handling?

Coop

Avid Member
Hey, its been awhile! Watson's going to be reaching two years this summer, but recently his behaviors have begun to change with this winter here in Cali. He's stopped eating from his feeding cup, a full throttle feeder's cup in brown, and begun to patrol the bottom of his cage for crickets and worms. I've tried putting superworms on both the top and bottom of his cage and moved his feeder around, but he chooses to patrol the bottom hourly and catch cricket and worm escapees. As for his fat pads, during the day the pads on his crest look flattened and natural, while at night they fill to a rounded, full shape. He's not experiencing any health issues, but his attitude has certainly gotten worse from the sweet lil thing he was when he was younger. I hate stressing him out when i need to clean his cage and, and i was wondering if theres any way for me to take out lil Wats without him stressing? I've attatched some photos of when i took him out last weekend to deep clean his cage.

IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg

I've tried, but he either flares up or ignores it. I've even tried just leaving the cage open and sitting on the other side of the room, but he prefers to remain in his basking spot or hiding in the ficus tree.

Back
Top Bottom