Changing an angry chameleons plants?

Banderson

My chameleon has a dead plant in her cage, but I don’t know how to go in there and replace it because she gets very scared and angry and I have no where to put her to change it out!
Any tips?

Im trying to avoid stressing her out because last time I took her out to change her plants, she got really mad and scared and I lost her behind my bed.

There are different ways. I recently had to do the exact same thing when my Ficus benjamina died.
We have table of houseplants, so I just relocated him there for the couple hours it took to rearrange things. As far as we could tell, he had a good old time climbing up & down different plants (and the window mullions).

If you don't have any other houseplants, a branch placed in a bin or gym bag will do (whatever you would use to transport to a veterinarian). If it's opaque, she'll just go to sleep until you move her back.
Just leave openings for some fresh air ventilation; it shouldn't take long anyway.

A third option is to just leave her in place, do what you need to do, and get out again. As long as you move slowly and pretend not to see her, any stress should be minimal.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. If it’s easily removed, you could go in at night stealthily and replace it.
I appreciate both of your replies. I have tried placing her on a plant but she seems to try to run off of it. She doesn't sit still very long.

As far as putting her in some sort of box with a branch, i try to put her inside and she climbs up my arm away from it and she even tried biting as me once doing this. Any other suggestions? Sorry I am just having a hard time with this.

I appreciate both of your replies. I have tried placing her on a plant but she seems to try to run off of it. She doesn't sit still very long.

As far as putting her in some sort of box with a branch, i try to put her inside and she climbs up my arm away from it and she even tried biting as me once doing this. Any other suggestions? Sorry I am just having a hard time with this.
Wear gloves use a deep box with a branch shoved through one side to the other about 2 inches from the bottom. Get her up on your hand and guide her with the other hand onto the branch in the box...

In the nicest possible way... Get over it. 😁

What are you going to do when you need to take her to a vet?
There are things we need to do for/with our animals that they don't neither of us relish, but must be done for their own good.

She may not want to be stuffed in a box, but it won't hurt her; she'll get over it.

In the nicest possible way... Get over it. 😁

What are you going to do when you need to take her to a vet?
There are things we need to do for/with our animals that they don't neither of us relish, but must be done for their own good.

She may not want to be stuffed in a box, but it won't hurt her; she'll get over it.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom