Chameleons tongue

Cianb

Hi everyone. On Saturday I noticed a little bit of my chameleons tongue hanging out. I wasn't worried on that day because he is moving fine and drinking. Although today I am very concerned. He is still drinking and moving fine but I haven't seen him eat. He is around 4 months old. Is my problem with his tongue normal ?

Well he or she (Gender hard to find as its young) has been sat in the same position for a while. When I used to mist him he used to hide in the plants but now not. And also how am I filling this form shall I fill it out in the comments or somewhere else

Fill out the posted form and we can make sure your care and setup on good. Also some photos would be good so we can see what your problem is and help identify gender (maybe haha).

The tongue sticking out is something you should definitely have the vet check out.

Fill out the posted form and we can make sure your care and setup on good. Also some photos would be good so we can see what your problem is and help identify gender (maybe haha).

The tongue sticking out is something you should definitely have the vet check out.
Ok we are just trying to find a reptile vet near me Could he possibly die?

I honestly have never seen this before but I'm no vet or professional .Some people on here may have seen this before but there may be underlying issues that a vet would be able to identify. I would also recommend filling outo the asking for help form so we can check your husbandry .

I honestly have never seen this before but I'm no vet or professional .Some people on here may have seen this before but there may be underlying issues that a vet would be able to identify. I would also recommend filling outo the asking for help form so we can check your husbandry .
With that form where do I post it shall I post it in the comments . I'm quite new to the forums

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Panther cham, not sure but think its a she and 4 months
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I used to handle her quite a lot until she got grumpy so occasionally now
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed karma crickets and wax worm. And I put apples in the crickets or sometimes jelly pots. I feed with around 3-5 in the mid day then and 5 around 4-5 hrs later
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?I use Calci dust by prorep on mon wed thu fri and sat ace high by vetark on sun and nutrobal on tue
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist him myself with a misting bottle I do it around and a half hours each other
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She hasn't and her dropping are normal black and white
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. No she hasnt

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Glass
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? He uses a exo terra uvb bulb and a exo terra daylight basking bulb 220-240v And I put the lights on 8am to 8pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Her daytime is 26-27c and night is 21-22
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No I don't Not yet until I research the right plants
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It is not any any of that and its around and the tank is around 150 cm from the ground
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? United Kingdom lancashire

Back
Top Bottom