Chameleons plant issue

An mealworms an superworms are different. Small superworms don't have to be refrigerated like mealworms.
Yes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow(?) :unsure:

I think many of us are so used to having a container of mealworms in the door of the fridge we don't think twice about it. YMMV.

Yes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow(?) :unsure:

I think many of us are so used to having a container of mealworms in the door of the fridge we don't think twice about it. YMMV.
Really unsure about alot of things atm. Didn't mean anything by it. Just thought the other OP thought superworms/mealworms are the same. In way they are. I never use mealworms cause of impaction. Thought superworms were easier to digest. Just harder to balance calcium/phosp ratio for reptiles. Powder doesn't stick to them good at all.
Tossed superworms I had. Just have to stop an buy more crickets during the week. Persmart I go to. Has limits now where I can only buy 100 each an that's small an medium. I tried mulberry an cricket depot but every shipment been poor an alot of dead crickets. Just wish they liked nutri grubs easier to feed an alot Heathier. Dubias are expensive. An crickets are just terrible. They smell an just seem unhealthy. Horn worms are great! Just don't last long an lately don't ship well with the cold.

Really unsure about alot of things atm. Didn't mean anything by it. Just thought the other OP thought superworms/mealworms are the same. In way they are. I never use mealworms cause of impaction. Thought superworms were easier to digest. Just harder to balance calcium/phosp ratio for reptiles. Powder doesn't stick to them good at all.
Tossed superworms I had. Just have to stop an buy more crickets during the week. Persmart I go to. Has limits now where I can only buy 100 each an that's small an medium. I tried mulberry an cricket depot but every shipment been poor an alot of dead crickets. Just wish they liked nutri grubs easier to feed an alot Heathier. Dubias are expensive. An crickets are just terrible. They smell an just seem unhealthy. Horn worms are great! Just don't last long an lately don't ship well with the cold.
As far as feeders I'd my Panthers love silkworms and they are really good for them. You can get those from TC Insects . Cricket wise I'd order then from Josh's Frogs ..probably cheaper & healthier than your pet store

As far as feeders I'd my Panthers love silkworms and they are really good for them. You can get those from TC Insects . Cricket wise I'd order then from Josh's Frogs ..probably cheaper & healthier than your pet store
Never tried silkworms. Think I'll check prices on this site an buy a few. Josh frogs look good even price for 1k. But shipping is about same cost as the crickets 😑

Never tried silkworms. Think I'll check prices on this site an buy a few. Josh frogs look good even price for 1k. But shipping is about same cost as the crickets 😑
Yeah shipping is where they screw you . I will say tho I've gotten nothing but QUALITY from TC & they've even thrown me up to 25 extra silks at a time ! Joshs crickets tend to stay alive alot longer and in the past none have really showed up dead. Been a few months since I got from them but I did just place an order for like 200 crickets this morning

Yeah shipping is where they screw you . I will say tho I've gotten nothing but QUALITY from TC & they've even thrown me up to 25 extra silks at a time ! Joshs crickets tend to stay alive alot longer and in the past none have really showed up dead. Been a few months since I got from them but I did just place an order for like 200 crickets this morning
Sounds pretty good going try them. Been using bamboo for basking an climbing. Anyone know any cheap sites that sell branches with better grip.
I have two Japanese maples in my backyard. Could cut few branches an let then dry for a few days in the house. Just don't know if it's safe to do. An it's also live wood. Just not liking the bamboo. One of my female panthers keeps losing grip an ends up upside down on top ones.

Sounds pretty good going try them. Been using bamboo for basking an climbing. Anyone know any cheap sites that sell branches with better grip.
I have two Japanese maples in my backyard. Could cut few branches an let then dry for a few days in the house. Just don't know if it's safe to do. An it's also live wood. Just not liking the bamboo. One of my female panthers keeps losing grip an ends up upside down on top ones.
Yeah from what I've heard bamboo isn't good to use . I forget all the reasons but maybe another member could tell you . I order some Australian sourced jungle vines from NEHerp but they are super limited . They have 17-18 inch and 34-36 inch vines . Also I've been going out back with an electric hand saw and just getting small branches off of a few animal safe trees . Works really well and looks good also

I never use mealworms cause of impaction.
Myth.
MYTH #3: Mealworms are extremely high in chitin and will cause impaction when fed. ... However, like sand, a high-chitin diet only becomes a problem when the animal is dehydrated, has low basking temperatures, or is otherwise unhealthy.
https://dubiaroaches.com/blogs/feeder-insects/14-myths-about-feeder-insects

Thought superworms were easier to digest.
Myth.

Both have chiten exoskeletons, and both have less chiten than crickets.
1636986490074.png

Just harder to balance calcium/phosp ratio for reptiles.
True, but ...
  1. Neither should be used as an exclusive staple
  2. if you're supplementing with daily calcium (as you should), that will raise the ratio.

Powder doesn't stick to them good at all.
A gentle misting/spritz with water, and it sticks quite well—sometimes too well.

Tossed superworms I had. Just have to stop an buy more crickets during the week. Persmart I go to. Has limits now where I can only buy 100 each an that's small an medium.
Have you tried Petco? IME, one has 2 sizes; the other has 3 (I forget which is which).
I've been getting better crickets (3 sizes, live longer, chirp/stink less) from Pet Supplies Plus and other smaller chains.

Dubias are expensive.
That's why many raise their own colonies. Economics depend on how many mouths they're feeding.

Wow, that was a lot of excuses, some unfounded (not necessarily your fault—a lot of myths/misinformation floating around). These are issues we all deal with, and manage to feed our chameleons with the right stuff—it's part of the package, like proper size enclosures, proper UVB lighting, safe plants, etc.

Back
Top Bottom