Chameleons loving humans?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I did some stupid thinking but I would like your opinion on this. Not saying this is something that should be done. If a chameleons was born literally on human hand for example and stayed to live on a person, so that means he was never in leaves and branches. Would he feel safer on a person then in an enclosure? Or this has no point at all.. again just some stupid thinking.

I did some stupid thinking but I would like your opinion on this. Not saying this is something that should be done. If a chameleons was born literally on human hand for example and stayed to live on a person, so that means he was never in leaves and branches. Would he feel safer on a person then in an enclosure? Or this has no point at all.. again just some stupid thinking.
Nature vs nurture...no easy or quick answers and all are probably conjecture.

I think they would die... They need their environments for everything including UVB, heat, humidity, etc. I don't know about yall but I am not up for walking around with a cham attached to me along with its uvb and heat lamps... nope.

I think they would die... They need their environments for everything including UVB, heat, humidity, etc. I don't know about yall but I am not up for walking around with a cham attached to me along with its uvb and heat lamps... nope.
I agree with you but I was just thinking fictional like they have the uvb and humidity just living on humans lol.

No. chameleon don´t even stay with their mothers so being born on someone wouldn´t change their build.

I love this thought!

According to this link "chameleons are believed to have been around since the Paleocene era (56 to 66 million years ago). However, some scientists believe they may have existed as far back as the Cretaceous period (100 million years ago)"

And according to this abstract published in 2015, " chameleons have an almost 30-yr history of being bred in captivity."

I'm not sure 35 years is enough to override millions of years of instinct. Clearly we have made progress and are continuing to learn about these amazing creatures. Maybe someday!

Back
Top Bottom