Chameleons in the Classroom

jdog1027

Established Member
Didn't know which forum this should go under. My son has wanted to take a chameleon for his show-n-tell at school for months. I told him to ask his teacher, and if it was O.K., I would bring one for him to show his class. We had 28 Veileds hatch out about 2 weeks ago, so we took them and their father. My son read and told his class some chameleon facts and we fed the babies some crickets. The class really enjoyed it as well as his teacher. She was very impressed with how much my son knew about them. She said she would like for us to come back again next year and show some more classes that didn't get to see them this year. Several other classes were invited in by Aaron's teacher to see them before we left that day. I had fun as well. It was very gratifying to educate the kids, and to see how entranced and enthusiastic the kids were over the babies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVa7D_XAsDI

sounds amazing! i think any kid, even the easily creeped out ones would be interested by a chameleon. great show and tell idea :)

Good work, you could maybe do it again for the other classes if you enjoyed it so much. I remember doing that show-and-tell thing with my anoles at school....kids love any pet they've not seen before. Is it a crocodile? lol.....

Cool video. It was neat to see your son doing the presentation, reminds me of my 10 year old brother in law! I'm sure you guys made those kids year! I hope you get to do it again next year.

they are having something like this at petco its called reptile rally. at 2:30 tomorrow you can bring in your reptiles and show them off. im going to bring my 6 month old jacksons female :)

Back
Top Bottom