Chameleons in Cosmetics Ad Banned

And, how ironic that their own ad featured a panther that was most likely a healthy captive-produced animal not an import!!

And, how ironic that their own ad featured a panther that was most likely a healthy captive-produced animal not an import!!

It probably was stock photography, but you're still absolutely correct that it was probably a CBB.

What a bizarre ad. It leaves me a bit flummoxed because I can't agree one way or the other since they (apparently) use misleading facts.

More than a stock photo, isn't that Dr. Gonzo? I think that panther certainly is CB, sired by a chameleon owned by the Kammers and owned (or was owned) by a forum member.

Regardless, I agree, what a strange ad.

I read the article but the ad is pretty hard to see in the link. A little more digging came up with Lush's resource/article from the APA:

https://www.lush.co.uk/content/view/256

While I agree with some of what is said, I think that responsible people who are willing to do all they are able to for their "pets" should be allowed to have them!

And, apparently, when referring to websites and forums and the bad information they passed on, the articles source must have missed the best resource available for cham info--this forum!

I'll bet Lush didn't bother to get permission to use the image either! Well, what do we expect from a cosmetics company or their advertising firm anyway? Truth or honesty?

I read the article but the ad is pretty hard to see in the link. A little more digging came up with Lush's resource/article from the APA:

https://www.lush.co.uk/content/view/256

While I agree with some of what is said, I think that responsible people who are willing to do all they are able to for their "pets" should be allowed to have them!

And, apparently, when referring to websites and forums and the bad information they passed on, the articles source must have missed the best resource available for cham info--this forum!

Its pretty ironic how they were showing the exotic animal expo, although there was not one cham there. Its all a marketing ploy to get people to buy that stupid bath color garbage

Zubi is definitely right... that video was very misleading.. and not everyone keeps their reptiles in tiny crammed glass or screen cage.. responsible pet owners should know what they are getting into before they purchase an animal and how big their environment should be.. that's why people make Free ranges..

I'll bet Lush didn't bother to get permission to use the image either! Well, what do we expect from a cosmetics company or their advertising firm anyway? Truth or honesty?

I completely agree, they have no respect for others and think they can just take what they want whether someone allows it or not.

Isn't that a Dr. Gonzo photo?

That is 100% my Dr. Gonzo. That picture is a stock photo and anyone can purchase and use it. It was taken by a friend at a reptile show years ago. I don't own it he does. I see that picture everywhere. Calendars, zoos, all kinds of products, used on a game in facebook.

That is 100% my Dr. Gonzo. That picture is a stock photo and anyone can purchase and use it. It was taken by a friend at a reptile show years ago. I don't own it he does. I see that picture everywhere. Calendars, zoos, all kinds of products, used on a game in facebook.

Ryan! How are you? It's been a long time! Definately looks like my boy's daddy!
It is a strange ad, I'll agree.

Ryan! How are you? It's been a long time! Definately looks like my boy's daddy!
It is a strange ad, I'll agree.

Hey Tylene it has been a long time! Lisa and I are doing well. I started a job about 8 months ago that expects me to work for a living :D It keeps me very busy.

The video HolyToledo put up just made me pretty upset. Honestly, if you want my opinion, reptiles aren't becoming extremely popular. Obviously more popular than a few years ago, but I don't know of many people who keep reptiles. They should also think of where all their cats and dogs come from, too. Some are kept in tiny kennels when they "misbehave". Every animal needs space, not just reptiles. Why not just ban exotic birds, too? Everyone is against reptiles for some reason... Ridiculous. And reptiles are still going to be sold, no matter what they do. jmo

The video HolyToledo put up just made me pretty upset. Honestly, if you want my opinion, reptiles aren't becoming extremely popular. Obviously more popular than a few years ago, but I don't know of many people who keep reptiles. They should also think of where all their cats and dogs come from, too. Some are kept in tiny kennels when they "misbehave". Every animal needs space, not just reptiles. Why not just ban exotic birds, too? Everyone is against reptiles for some reason... Ridiculous. And reptiles are still going to be sold, no matter what they do. jmo

Some one is feisty today :p

Back
Top Bottom