Chameleons eating stuff in flower pot help!

KnK

My guy the last two days I caught hanging over by my hibiscus plant catching the white specs in the soil whyyyy is this happening???

*The soil is organic mixing pot mix

Attachments

• 90F2E40E-81C8-424D-B0EE-7D6A90ED665C.jpeg
    90F2E40E-81C8-424D-B0EE-7D6A90ED665C.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 39
Oh man I honestly don’t even no how long he’s been doing this. Are these rocks ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 33
It might be caused by some kind of deficiency in their diet. My boy was doing it for a while but stopped. My girl did it too.

I used similar ones 👍🏻 just make sure you use the bigger ones in the bag and I think it would be fine
Ok cool, thank you so much for the input. Oh idk if you seen my other post but do you no why they do this?

When i caught my boy doing it, i sifted the top soil cause they put all kinds of stuff in organic and other soil like bark whivh is light weight and go right down the gullet. I think the perlite looks like wax worms or grubs so that may be the reason. Sifting the soil worked good cause he likes to hunt crickets in the plants. I always worry about swallowing rocks. Their tongues are so strong.

When i caught my boy doing it, i sifted the top soil cause they put all kinds of stuff in organic and other soil like bark whivh is light weight and go right down the gullet. I think the perlite looks like wax worms or grubs so that may be the reason. Sifting the soil worked good cause he likes to hunt crickets in the plants. I always worry about swallowing rocks. Their tongues are so strong.
It might also look like a calcium source ie small piece of bone. But it is sharp and can also cause impaction so not good!

When I got my Cham they told me to rinse at least the top of the soil to get everything off of it and put large river rocks over the soil. They told me it was a teething issue, I got mine at ~3 months. I have no idea why they do it but it seems common.

Back
Top Bottom