Chameleons and Puerto Rico

chino

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time member/lurker and while I was an active breeder in Texas before I've moved to Puerto Rico and I got news to all Chameleons enthusiast in the island.

I just spoke with on the phone with the Dept. of Natural Resources and Environment (DRNA) and the law is changing soon in regards with the restricted exotic animals in Puerto Rico. They are revising the exotic animals list and apparently they will include the Furcifer Pardalis (panther) on the approved list of chameleons. Right now the only 2 species are the Chamaleo Chamaleo (common chameleon) and Trioceros Jacksonii ( Jackson Chameleon)

The draft of the law will be ready in the next 2 months and then it will be sent out to the public for debates on see if the law passes. If all goes well, they estimate by the end of the summer at the latest we should have a new law lifting the restrictions on many exotic animals.

Again, this brings me so much joy to know that soon we might be able to keep and care of these amazing creatures. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time member/lurker and while I was an active breeder in Texas before I've moved to Puerto Rico and I got news to all Chameleons enthusiast in the island.

I just spoke with on the phone with the Dept. of Natural Resources and Environment (DRNA) and the law is changing soon in regards with the restricted exotic animals in Puerto Rico. They are revising the exotic animals list and apparently they will include the Furcifer Pardalis (panther) on the approved list of chameleons. Right now the only 2 species are the Chamaleo Chamaleo (common chameleon) and Trioceros Jacksonii ( Jackson Chameleon)

The draft of the law will be ready in the next 2 months and then it will be sent out to the public for debates on see if the law passes. If all goes well, they estimate by the end of the summer at the latest we should have a new law lifting the restrictions on many exotic animals.

Again, this brings me so much joy to know that soon we might be able to keep and care of these amazing creatures. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Good luck from Serbia!!

Back
Top Bottom