chameleon wont eat medicated crickets.

lainezor

same guy from broken leg thread. Hes home now with splint and I put the meds on his crickets and he wont eat them, it is way past his bed time and i know the meds are anti inflamatory so what do I do? there are 4 large crickets, do I try to force feed him or take them out or leave them and turn the light out, hes probably exhausted I am just worried about him not getting the meds.

I would leave him alone tonight and try to give him meds in the morning. If he isnt eating you will need to give the meds orally with the syringe. You can carefully pull down on his neck to open his mouth. You can also use your thumb to open his lips and once you touch his mouth with they syringe he will likely open wide in anger. Be sure you put the meds towards the back of his mouth as his trachea is in the front of his mouth and you dont want to put liquid down his wind pipe.

Do you feed hornworms or silkworms to him? You can inject the meds into their bodies with a needle syringe. That is how I administered meds before. No stress involved, and they cannot taste the meds so should not spit it out. The vet provided the syringe to me.

I think he is overtired I tried for a while to force his mouth open but he kept it shut and didnt even hiss, maybe his meds havent worn off, will try in the morning. I know how to medicate them because i had to treat my panther for pinworm once and my beardie for coxcidia.

Back
Top Bottom