Chameleon with large wide casque!

Well good thing I haven't offered greens lol. He just munches the hell out his plants :)
Mine use to do that too. Maybe it’s for hydration reasons? I’ll never know. He has a dripper and gets misted 3 times a day for 2 minutes. Always had ample time to drink.

Attachments

• B7720AE1-E408-49EE-B61D-7B7588029F09.jpeg
    B7720AE1-E408-49EE-B61D-7B7588029F09.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi I have a 3 year old male veiled chameleon named yoshi. I’ve had him since he was about 4 months old. In the past year he seemed to stop growing his casque and I started to become concerned but he ate acted like his usual self grumpy as always and was always eating! I feed him about 6 Dubias every other day, and nutrigrubs as well as greens, along with hornworms every 2-3 weeks. I researched a bit and noticed that obesity is often an issue in chameleons but in my case I’m starting to believe that’s not the case... if anyone has any advice or ideas on what this could be please let me know or if I should consult a vet. Thank you guys and also he has a heat lamp 75w and a uvb t5 5.0.
The initial first 2 pictures are in January of 2021 and the pictures where he is sleeping is current. Thank you all for your time if you could please help!
Hey guys!! Update yoshi is back home from the vet he has an oral medication and antibiotic that needs to be injected to the arm. Vet said he is not overweight he’s actually a little underweight! He needs to go back to the vet on October 18th for a checkup to see if antibiotics are working! Thank you all for your help I’ll keep you updated!

Hey guys!! Update yoshi is back home from the vet he has an oral medication and antibiotic that needs to be injected to the arm. Vet said he is not overweight he’s actually a little underweight! He needs to go back to the vet on October 18th for a checkup to see if antibiotics are working! Thank you all for your help I’ll keep you updated!
Yay. So glad yoshi is doing well! Hope the check up is great! Thank you for keeping us updates 😀

Back
Top Bottom