Chameleon went ballistic...

I dont really know how to explain what happened, but i was getting ready for bed, and my 6 month old Panther chameleon absolutely lost it. His lights were off, and suddenly, he began to run around his enclosure, falling and dropping off of everything. I had no idea what was going on, or how he went from sleeping, to losing it. I dont know if there is an issue i should be aware of, but he was throwing himself from the top of the enclosure to the bottom which i know is not good. We took him out of the enclosure, and he curled up on my hand and wet right back to sleep. Very strange night to say the least. But any help to determine whats wrong would greatly be appreciated.

Yah I agree with @JGuinan007 I think he must of got bit by something. I know there are folks that will argue with me on this, but a cricket will bite, and eat on a chameleon I've experienced it first hand back in the day, so I know it to be fact. If you are going to leave live crickets in with him give them something to eat other than him especially if they aren't being gut loaded well, because if they get hungry enough they will eat your pet. Once you get the crickets out, or fed, and they stop biting him he should go back to normal. You are lucky he woke up my cham had a chunk taken out of his tail.

If he is sleeping in your hand I think he will calm down. I would get toughs crickets out though and look your panther over to make sure the bites aren't bad or can get infected.

I was thinking something must hurt. Could be a cricket, or anything else. He could have also just lost his balance, in his sleep, and panicked. Keep an eye on him, but I think he probably just spooked.

A few weeks ago I was watching TV and my wife walked passed My purple tail leopard geckos 20 gallon enclosure and he literally shot out of his enclosure knocking the top and light clean off never seen nothing like it he had been a sleep and I never leave feeders in with any of my animals I have no clue wat caused this

Back
Top Bottom